• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon did you start with?

Which Pokemon didi you start with?

• Torchic (fire)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Mudkip (water)

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Treeko (grass)

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • I tried Mudkip and Treecho. But really there shouldn't be any difference... as eventually you'll get all 3 of them anyway.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • as far as Ru/Sa starters go...they are all equally powerful IMO, so I chose based on how cool-looking the fully evolved forms looked IMO. Through that contest, Treecko won...

Too-Angel

Remix Lover
    Years
  • I don't have R/S either, soon i'll probably will. So far, i'd probably pick Treeko as my Pokemon i'd start with since I like Grass-Types.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • I picked Torchic only because Blaziken is so cool and it's a fighting type. I really dislike Torchic myself, it's TOO cute. The Treecko line is ok too. Even though the Mudkip line is really good, those evolved forms... yeesh.

Mifuui

Fufufu~
    Years
  • I don't have Ruby or Sapphire yet. But I will choose Treeko, mostly because I always starts with the grass Pok?mon.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The most logical one, Mupkip. ^_^;

It's cute too I guess... but it's really useful more than anything.

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • The cool thing about the Mudkip line is that after the 5th badge, you can go ahead to that ship, get Ice Beam, and pretty much beat everything in the game using only Swampert. It's too bad Swampert is just... well, the game sprite makes it looks worse than how it really looks, but I think it's about time we got a not-so-bulky water starter. Atleast they made Grass fast this time. Treecko is just lacking in really good special moves (a problem with most grass types). I mean, drgaon claw and crunch are good additions, but nowhere near as good as flamethrower and ice beam. It's also odd that the other starters get secondary types upon evolution except Treecko. I could see it being part dragon, but they'd never make a starter a dragon type.

Chaeran

No longer here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Torchic, because it looked like a bird ^^ . I named her Hikaru after my budgie.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I chose trecko, even though people say grass types aren't good and lose easily, a well trained one can be dangerous.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I chose Torchic, cus its fire. I like Treecko better ^_^ I dislike Mudkip cus there are too many water pokemon already.. *tsk tsk* and it attacked May

*gets killed by Mudkip*

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I picked treecko for my Pokemon Sapphire I believe. I picked Torchic for my first game though - which I quit after 5 hours because I got gameshark and wanted to start all over. =p

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Treeko. n_n I first picked Torchic though...

Back