• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon, in your eyes, was an underdog?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    By underdog I mean completely underestimated, no one EVER got him, and I mean NO ONE, but he wasn't half-bad and could actually kick some ass if used right.

For me, it'd probably be Bibarel. Why do people think he sucks?!? Come on! Super Fang! Superpower! Yawn!!! These are dominating moves!! DX

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • Zubat.

Annoying, no one likes him, a pain in the butt to fight because of the supersonic. But that's what made him good, he was equally annoying to the opponent!

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Magikarp.

I mean he has the best move in the whole damn games: Splash. Tell me that this pokemon should not be in the UberPwner of the teir list

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    Ash's Krabby
    Jennette's Bellsprout
    Misty's Psyduck
    Mikey and Sakura's Eevee

and in general Magikarp

Goron

Mountain Dweller
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2009
    Ditto, I mean come on - He is technically the best pokemon in the whole pokemon world.

Poor lil guy. I have a cool version of him in my sig

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Technically, every Pokémon has been trained and/or used by every player of the games. Everyone has their personal preference of which Pokémon they may like to use and which ones they may not. Many like to be original with their teams and use Pokémon that others may underestimate, while some prefer to use the most common choices for the team in the games.

However, this isn't to say that there are some Pokémon who are used the least for a chosen team, such as Magikarp as some have already stated. This Pokémon may seem weak, but EV it in Attack and Speed with good IVs, teach it Flail and you'll see just what it can do. As for others, Bibarel may be one and I do agree it does learn some very decent moves. A few more to list may be Dunsparce, yet it can learn so much and be a helpful member though many prefer not to use it at times. The list is endless, but basically it is a matter of what people prefer to use, and many prefer to be original yet they choose some of the most well known Pokémon because of how widely they are used rather than those who appear to be looked down upon.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • BounceKarp for Uber!

Bibarel can be so easily overlooked. In its tier, if it's given the opportunity to set up, it can spell the end of an unprepared opponent. No recovery hurts it, but when you get +2/+2/-2 off one Curse, and +4 off Amnesia, you know you have to be doing SOMETHING right.

Crobat. A lot of people pass on Zubat because they're the Goddamned Bats of Pokemon (literally), but with the right moveset, it can be one of the best leads in Pokemon, period.

Smeargle. Don't diss Baton Pass chains, PERIOD. :V

benthekid

Know one knows you like you do
    Years
  • gligar got poor ratings in gold...........but i love him!
    in the anime gliscor was rarly used but now its got its new move

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Ditto. Poor creature can turn into anything but it is so damned understimated due to its rediculously low stats

Ayselipera

Hmm, I'd say Tentacool. Everyone complains about how annoying they are, but I once raised one and it ended up being pretty decent.

Pandah

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Machamp and fighting types in general except Lucario. Shuckle also. My team's shuckle is always underestimated c;<

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Weezing, I feel like I am one of the only ones who actually uses it and really appreciates it for a pokemon for more then battling. It is my favorite and I feel pretty unique for being like the only one, xD

Trainer Brown'

Elite Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Weezing, I feel like I am one of the only ones who actually uses it and really appreciates it for a pokemon for more then battling. It is my favorite and I feel pretty unique for being like the only one, xD

Danng. You beat me to it. : /

Ayselipera

Weezing, I feel like I am one of the only ones who actually uses it and really appreciates it for a pokemon for more then battling. It is my favorite and I feel pretty unique for being like the only one, xD

Nahh I agree with you on that one. Plus the whole leviate abilitiy leaves it with only one weakness. Which is always nice.

Back