• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which pokemon is worth evolving?

Which pokemon should I evolve?

• Staryu

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Polywhirl

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    When I get a water stone,Which pokemon is worth evolving?I think there both good pokemon.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'd say staryu it's a great pokemon with hid sp defense and sp attack and it has a better movepool than poliwrath.

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Thanks,I needed the info,Cause I have both pokemon and I couldn't decide.
    P.S:Why didn't you vote?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    if you take advantage of the glitches dont use the stone till you have 5 of them, just give the stone to a pkmn to hold and clone that pkmn 4 or 5 times.

ps i voted :D :P

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I would choose Starmie over Poliwrath personally. I'm more of a Special Atk/Def person. Also, Starmie has a greater ability to learn moves, giving you the chance to create a better moveset than possible for Poliwrath.

I have also experimented with battling the two. Starmie can beat Poliwrath without using type alignments (Starmie's Psychic vs. Poliwrath's Fighting)

On the other side, Poliwrath can learn a lot of good physical attacks. I have one with Dynamicpunch, despite its low aim. XD

To decide, ask yourself: Do you battle better with physical or special moves?

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    It all depends on what you are going to use it for. Starmie is a great special sweeper (Surf, Thunder Bolt, Psychic, Ice Beam), whereas Poliwrath can be either Physical or Special. So it depends on who you want.

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    I second the post above. XP I'd personally choose Starmie, but it depends on what other Pok?mon you have in your team and which type of attacker you need more~ XP

Silfa

ohh.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I'd go with poliwhirl...

Cause its so awesome!!!

Last edited:

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    I don't know yet...Cause polywhirls got 2 less.Tomorrow,If polywhirl get more than Staryu,Then i'l stick with polywhirl.But if the votes stay like this then i'll evolve Staryu.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    Hi, I'm new

I would evolve Staryu into Starmie because of it's good sp.attk and sp.def.
    Also, you can teach it moves like Psychic, Thunderbolt and it learns Recover. It's really strong

Years
    You can evolve both oO; I would go with Staryu though, but not because it is particullary better, just cause not many people have it.

Back