• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon should have a type change or addition?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I really feel all the Pokes have excellent typings, but I'd like to see E-Vire become an Electric/Fighting type, so I becomes *somewhat* useful. (STAB Cross Chop)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Groudon is good as pure Ground(or Land) because Ground/Fire would give it more weakness to its counterpart Kyogre and I like it Pure ground but it would also make sense if it was added though.

I really feel all the Pokes have excellent typings, but I'd like to see E-Vire become an Electric/Fighting type, so I becomes *somewhat* useful. (STAB Cross Chop)

The that would be Flying weakness and would make it easy to counter Vire

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Groudon is good as pure Ground(or Land) because Ground/Fire would give it more weakness to its counterpart Kyogre and I like it Pure ground but it would also make sense if it was added though.

The that would be Flying weakness and would make it easy to counter Vire

Flying is not very effective against electric, therefor, flying would do normal damage =P

Demeter

Obsessed Band Nerd
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Thanks for answering her... She didn't know that Lunatone can learn Ice-type moves(Ice Beam, Blizzard)... She didn't know that Flygon is a Ground-type with Levitate; she didn't know that Dunspace's ability is not Levitate... The most important thing is... We're not serious on changing the types of Pokemon... Darn I don't wanna answer her...
    *Sigh* My memory fails. I still don't feel that Lunatone would be an Ice type.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    What makes a Pokemon Uber?

I think having a Base STat Total over 700

No it isnt. First off, only arceus has a stat total of 700+. Stats are never the sole factor, or slaking and Regigigas would be up there. The general gist of whether a poke should be uber is whether it is viable in the OU metagame- If not, it's made uber. Factors include large stats, diverse movepool, ability, and lack of counters.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    While most penguins actually live in warm climate, Empoleon is an emperor penguin, what doesn't make much sense for not beeing an Ice-type. And it doesn't make much sense that Delibird is a penguin and is owned by Santa Claus.
    ---
    I personally would preffer changed-type evolutions rather than chnaging existing pokemon. I would like:
    Ninetales->Fire/Psychic (not likely, but still)
    Milotic->Water/Ice (not so highly likely, but possible)
    Wailord->Water/Ice
    Banette->Ghost/Dark (don't you think it looks evil?)
    Chimecho->Psychic/Ghost
    Absol->Dark/Fighting
    Glalie->Ice/Rock
    Manectric->Electric/Dragon with Levitate(if this little ant named Trapinch turned into a flying Dragon, why not Manectric?)
    Stantler->Normal/Ice
    Volbeat&Illumise->Bug/Electric
    Lumineon->Water/Flying

Last edited:

GTAPlayer

Six Star Evasion
    Years
    Dang, this is a very interesting topic. So many shares of opinions that I personally think that some makes sense.
    First off, I think that Gyarados should be Water/Dragon due to the fact that it can't even learn one damn flying move counting for STAB with its attack power. It can't even learn Aerial Ace, Gust, WTH? Charizard as a Fire/Dragon would make the starter more powerful than the others. Too many type duos can make or break a pokemon and give an unbalanced feeling to the game. Just think about 80% of the pokemon being duo type.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    And Farfetch'd should gain a evolution and signature move as well.(to make the stick look MORE useful.)

A signature move for Farfetch'd would be pretty damn groovy, I have to admit. Unfortunately, I can't agree with everything and I have to point out my objection for your wanting an evolution of Farfetch'd. The Pokemon in question is one of the few Pokemon who still represent a simple age in Pokemon, a glorius but simple age and I would like it to stay that way. Besides, we all know that an evolution of Farfetch'd would be horribly designed.

Dewgong should just be Water-Type, being a dual type doesn't really fit it and I don't quite understand how its related to Ice in any way.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The only true one that really comes to mind is Gyarados with the ever-crippling Water/Flying type. Naturally, Gyarados should have been the first Water/Dragon type of the Pokemon games, because it has more Dragon qualities than flying Pokemon qualities, and it doesn't even learn any flying type moves; on the other hand, it learns a few Dragon moves, including Dragon Dance, and most likely in Platinum, Outrage. (anyone with Platinum can confirm?)

Empoleon is another that shouldn't really be a type that it is; Steel doesn't really fit a penguin, but then again, does Electric to a mouse? XD But I personally think that Ice would have been more fitting for Empoleon; as Froslass mentioned.

I think Luxray should have been part-Dark, since it kind of looks like a Dark-type, in my opinion. It would also make it the kind of Electric counterpert to Houndoom, which is Dark/Fire.

I think either Poison or Dark should have given way for Bug on Drapion. The Dark typing just kind of seems a bit random, if you ask me.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think Glalie's type should be Ice/Dark. Actually, when I first battle Glacia in e4 in Emerald, I wa sso sure that Glalie was part-Dark. I mean come one, don't you think Glalie looks sinister? And yes, Froslass would make a great counter-part ith the half-dark Glalie.

Gyarados. I mean, -FLYING!? Oh come on. I think it should be pure water as it is considered as a counter-part of Milotic.

Luxray, Electric/Dark would make a good combo. And I don't kno why,but i like Girafarig as a Normal/Psychic.

But seriously, I think Staraptor should be a Flying/Fighting. I learns Close Combat which makes it very good as a fighting, and a Roserade as a Grass/Fighting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think Glalie's type should be Ice/Dark. Actually, when I first battle Glacia in e4 in Emerald, I wa sso sure that Glalie was part-Dark. I mean come one, don't you think Glalie looks sinister? And yes, Froslass would make a great counter-part ith the half-dark Glalie.

Gyarados. I mean, -FLYING!? Oh come on. I think it should be pure water as it is considered as a counter-part of Milotic.

Luxray, Electric/Dark would make a good combo. And I don't kno why,but i like Girafarig as a Normal/Psychic.

But seriously, I think Staraptor should be a Flying/Fighting. I learns Close Combat which makes it very good as a fighting, and a Roserade as a Grass/Fighting.
    I don't understand Roserade for being Fighting-type...

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Roserade should definitely NOT be fighting/grass. That doesn't even make sense, why would she be fighting?

As much as it would make more sense to have Empoleon be Water/Ice, I would HATE it. It would take away what makes Empoleon awesome, and that is his amazing typing and resistances. Not to mention he's the only Water/Steel type, and there's already plenty Water/Ice types.

Gyrados of course should be Water/Dragon instead of Water/Flying, as has been mentioned by practically everyone. Charizard possibly should be Dragon over Flying as well.

Noctowl should be part Psychic.

Dunsparce should be Ground type.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    The only two that would make sense are:

Gyarados - Water/Dragon (Wasnt he a dragon in 1st Gen or am I dreaming?

Groudon - Ground/Fire (or just Fire) I always thought Groudon was a fire type until my friend caught him in Ruby and I looked at his summary page. He just looks like a fire type, and we need more fire ubers, lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I would say Gyarados to water/dragon, i mean what's with the flying it doesn't even learn any flying moves.....

Back