• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon should NEVER be a part of a competitive team?

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
  • Delcatty, Persian, the other felines. As much as I love them in-game, in competitive... no, never.

Sorry, but I've used a Persian in FireRed, LeafGreen and Ruby and it had been really useful w/ Pay Day and its dark attacks. I managed to defeat the Elite 4 in both Kanto and Hoenn, so I know Persian's not weak. Any pokemon can be decent at a high enough level.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Probably, Unown.

I mean like come on, whoever made unown will get sued by TheFineBros.

I was gonna say «none, since they all have a soomething special we might use :3 <3». But yeah. I won't say this because you are right.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Sorry, but I've used a Persian in FireRed, LeafGreen and Ruby and it had been really useful w/ Pay Day and its dark attacks. I managed to defeat the Elite 4 in both Kanto and Hoenn, so I know Persian's not weak. Any pokemon can be decent at a high enough level.

That's why I said I love them in-game; I've used Persian in nearly every game it's available in since it's one of my favorite Pokemon, but it's total garbage in actual competitive play.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    Shuckle!!

Yeah, it has great defenses, but its other Stats are so poor, that you can hardly find any use for it, in a competitive team.

Pika Pika :chu:

No way! Shuckle is great for getting entry hazards out like Sticky Web and Stealth Rock etc because he's so bulky. Make sure his ability is Sturdy and he can't be OHKOed either on the off chance he faces a strong Water-type.

Roserade sucks in competitive play, unfortunately. I've been trying to work her into my OU teams but she's always very quickly taken out.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Shuckle certainly doesn't fall into the category of "never use this Pokemon in competitive, ever", but it's still pretty niche given how passive it is.

Back