• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon types do you believe are essential to a team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expada

"Certified" Breeder
Years
Basically as the title says, what type of Pokemon should make up your team? (Obviously meaning six Pokemon, including, and not including a starter.)

RUBY8

POKEMON FTW
Years
I say Dragon because it isn't very effective against other types only dragon and ice (correct me if i'm wrong) besides if i remember correctly dragon type pokemon can pretty much learn every move type, thunder,fire,ground, etc.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
5 out of my 6 are Psychic type and the 1 that isnt was given TM29 (Psychic) thanks to Gallade and my Giratina slaying Bronzong+Girafarig duo our and the non-Psychic type Manaphy our weaknesses are covered

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
IMO, the Water type is the most essential type a team can have. It can learn powerful moves that aren't resisted by that many, and has only two weaknesses which is easily countered, especially if the pokemon in question has a dual type which removes one of the weaknesses, such as Quagsire and Gyarados.
Also, I find myself using the Fighting type a lot too, due to it's handy resistances and powerful attacks.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
Fire
Water
Grass
Flying ( I wish there was a way to get from city to city quickly without fly -_-)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
For me Dragon,Steel,Fire,Water and Psychic/Ghost are the types which are essential to a team.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
Years
I think it would be Water, Dragon, Ghost/Dark, Fighting and Fire (perhaps Ice) - Water is good for SE hitting many types, Dragon is unresisted except steel, Fire destroys that steel (barring Heatran), whereas Fighting and Ghost/Dark is completely unresisted

Ayselipera

My team if not always has a Fire, Water, Grass, and Electric type.
My last two pokemon are whatever kind I want. Usually one of them
is an Ice type.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I use Dragon, Water, Electric, Fire, and Grass. My water type and my dragon type are most important, though.

Years
Ice is very useful to me because it is handy for dealing with pesky Dragons. Just about all the non-legendary Dragons are 4x weak to Ice.

Steel is another type I find essential due to it resistance to 11 types. I use at least one of them for resisting Dragon type attacks which only Steel can do.

I usually have a Water Pokemon on most of my teams because most of them are capable of using Ice attacks and Water moves are only resistant to two types not including Water types themselves. I tend to use dual-water type Pokemon such as Swampert for more coverage.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hm...

Water and/or Grass, Fire and/or Fighting, Ground and/or Rock, Dragon and/or Steel, Ghost and/or Dark, and Bug or Psychic, with subtypes of whatever

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
I don't usually care that much, since with Porygon, typing is not an issue! (Conversion2 is actually much more useful then it seems.)

But I have found that when not working with my familiar team, a trusty flying type is always good to have with you, In fact, in each of my games from Blue to Platinum, I've had at least one bird partner:

Blue: Fearow
Yellow: Pidgeot
Crystal: Noctowl
Sapphire: Swellow
LeafGreen: Pidgeot
Diamond: Staraptor
Pearl: Altaria
Platinum: Togekiss

Years
in-game?

Fire
Water
Flying
Fighting
Dragon
Psychic
Dark
Ground
Rock

more than six...so the PKMN would have to have types like these

Fire/Fighting
Ground/Rock
Water
Dragon/Flying
Dark
Psychic

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

twigzy

hi,um...what should I say now?
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
I don't care what type as long as my pokemon are fast and have a 1 hit KO. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back