• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon would you like to see Main Characters with?

Years
    I made a thread similar to this, but it died off.

Which Pokemon would you like to see Ash and other Main Characters own in the anime?

This means Pokemon they have not captured yet.

Ash, Ash's friends, rivals and Team Rocket are allowed.

Pokemon from All Generations can be discussed here.

I want to see what you think. Get posting!

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Since we're in Best Wishes I'll do it from that.

Ash - Solosis, I want him to have one of these because it's a strong Pokemon and I think it would fit in nicely with his team. Also, he has never owned a Psychic type Pokemon.

Cubchoo, I've always wanted Ash to have one of these. Probably because I think it could be like Snorunt. :3 Who I miss. ;-;

Iris - Joltik, It's amazingly cute (Which Iris seems to be going for) and it could be quite strong when it evolves into Galvantula.

Mienfoo, It's also cute but it could also be amazingly strong. It could also have a slight Disobedience towards her if it evolved. But not as bad as Excadrill.

Cilan - Karrablast, a Pokemon that has an extremely powerful evolution; being a Gym leader I could see him with it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    This should be interesting, though looking up your other thread, I'll be using some of my other ideas.

Ash/Satoshi:
    Seeing as I think he has enough Pokémon already, I don't want him to capture a single one more. But on the topic of a filler arc, here are a few a think would work;

Numel
    - A cool fire type, a way to promote R/S/E, plus I don't know why but I think it would work really well with Ash, I can see one with him so easily.

Aron
    > Lairon - Ash hasn't owned really ever owned a steel type, and I think it would be pretty cute with him.

I can see at least two members of his old Hoenn team join back up with him to promote R/S/E remakes.

Iris:
    Deino - If or when Axew does evolve, I could see her catch a Deino after, it could be like Axew in personality, and sort of want to become a strong Hydreigon or something.

Mudkip or Torchic - I can see Iris somehow get one of these starters, for promotion, like when May got a Squirtle.

Kirlia
    - Most probably caught as a Kirlia, I don't know why, but I can just see it. :x

Swablu > Altaria or Bagon
    - I can see her at least have one the these two, since she is a dragon type trainer after all, I can't see her with the both though. I'm leaning towards Swablu because I think Altaria is a bit of a different dragon type Pokémon, one she won't be used to.

Girafarig - Might sound a little random, but I can see her with it, I could see it's tail being a comedic point.

Snorunt > Froslass - Idk, maybe parallel Ash's Glalie. Evolve if she carries on with Ash after east unova.

Cilan:
    Cubchoo - It could turn out to be like the Togepi/Happiny/Bonsly of Unova, Cilan could take care of it like a baby or whatever. Doesn't necessarily have to evolve. Who knows, he might even encounter it in BW48.

Shuppet - Help him get over his fear of ghosts. Poor guy

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'll get to the protagonists eventually, so I'll do Team Rocket:

Jessie: Vullaby or Mandibuzzz (it can use Gust alongside Woobat to shroud their escape)

James: Maractus or Ferroseed (to play the role that Cacnea did in Gen III, which was hugging him out of affection, unaware that their spikes are hurting him too)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Would love for Dawn's final spin-off episode to carry on into a new series and for her to catch a couple pokemon...

Sandshrew - A sandshrew would definitely be a great addition to Dawn's contest team since it could shroud the pokemon's preparations in an impressive dust storm and look so cute at the same time!
    Grimer - When Dawn used a grimer in the pokemon academy it suited her perfectly, contrasting with her need to constantly look good (constantly brushing her hair!) it managed to look rather cool posing next to her in their bonding challenges. It could also lend a hand to her contests since, as Jessie's Seviper proved, poison moves really can look good!

It'd also be nice to see Ash in the Best Wishes series get a couple more pokemon, even though he already has plenty... A Vannilish would be cute, powerful and at the same time freak out Iris! Hehe...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Well I surely want Satoshi to capture that sunglasses Krokorok that's been following him for a while =D
    Of course I'd love him to own Lucario but guess it would be too powerfull :D

Years
    Guys, don't just focus on Unova Pokemon or characters from Unova.

Think of other characters and Pokemon from Gen I-IV as well, we don't want to leave them out.

I'd like to see Dawn with a Yanma or Gothitelle, I see them as great Contest Pokemon. I could even see her evolving Yanma into a Yanmega like Jessie.

For May, I'd like to see her have a Grumpig, Elgyem or maybe even Blitzle for an awesome Electric-type.

I'd like Brock's Chansey to evolve into Blissey, completing his goal as a Pokemon Doctor.

I think Misty should get some Unova and Sinnoh Water Pokemon. Like Lumineon, Floatzel, Panpour or maybe a member of the Oshawott family cos she tried to get Totodile but it went to Ash. This Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott might be female and have a crush on Ash's Oshawott.

I'd like to see Cilan with Roserade or Breloom should he go outside Unova and see Pokemon he's never seen.

Iris with a Garchomp or Salamence would be cool too.

Actionhero112

Apply the lotion now!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    Farfetch'd

I would love to see a main character struggle with this ... thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I think Ash should capture a Gyarados.

I also think Casey should capture an Electabuzz unless her Elekid evolves into it.
    And I think team rockets Meow should eventually evolve into a Persian but I hope it doesn't lose his ability to talk.

sorry I meant Meowth. Sorry about my spelling

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    In my opinion this is what main characters should receive:
    Ash:some ghost type like Haunter or Chandelure.It would diversify his pokemon team giving him access to some unique techniques out there.
    -some fighting type like Medicham.I always thought his team lacked someone with lot of fighting spirit at which fighting types are best.
    -another electric type would have been great addition as well providing some alternative instead of Pikachu always being used.Perhaps something along the lines of Joltik.

Brock:it may seem weird but i always thought Metagross would fit his team being strong and reliable type of pokemon.
    -someone like Flaffy or Ditto would make great addition to his team as well going nicely with newly found career of becoming doctor.

However some rock type like Shieldon wouldn't be too shabby either.

Iris:definitely some other dragon type beside Axew.Like Deino or Flygon.
    Although i would like to see her catching some grass type as well,like Roselia or Tropius.

Dawn:i could see her receiving pokemon like Lileep which would be great addition for appeal rounds.
    However i would like to see another evolved form on her team as well like Gardevoir giving it some muscle.

Misty:i always thought Tentacruel would be great for her.She always wanted to get on and with his various range of attacks it would make a fin member.
    Catching someone like Palpitoad or Milotic would be great as well.

Even though its not water type it would be nice if she catch some other type as well like Snower or Bibarel as well.Despite specializing in water types she did showed interest in catching other types she found cute.

Cilan:combination of normal/grass like Sawsbuck more i think of it wouldn't be bad idea imo at all.It could prove to be of great use in competitions for Connoisseurs allowing him to put knowledge to maximum potential.

Doduo on his team would admittedly be weird but kinda unique as well,though Panpour would be even better.I know rather weird choice.

May: definitely some flying type which could be very helpful and successful during contest performances like Chatot.Although Elgime wouldn't be bad at all due to its psychic characteristics.

Back