• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Poketch Feature...

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Which Poketch feature do you use the most and why?

I use the feature that shows type weaknesses and advantages. Really comes in handy when I'm about to face someone of Wifi and they tell me their team beforehand =).

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • I usually use the feature where I'm able to view my pokémon that are in the Daycare Centre. Things like what level they are currently at, and if there's an egg.

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    I'll use the daycare feature if I have a pokemon in the daycare, but any other time, I'll have the HP meters or the one that tells me how much the pokemon like me.

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
  • By faaaaaar the berry one. I'm a bit obsessive with the berries. That silly screen seriously guilt trips me into picking them too. I guess you could say I have a love-hate relationship with it. But, I do like how it shows a map as well. Berries + map = Happiness.

I do like to switch between the daycare one too if I have pokemans in there. >] I like how they are right next to each other.<3

Rat

Years
  • The Dowsing Machine AKA Itemfinder. I'm still a little shocked they changed the name. It's still the same damn thing. *Shrugs* Also kinda surprised no one else said that yet :P I guess I may be a little obsessive. Paranoid there's an item hidden around every corner.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I use the Digital Watch the most. I don't carry a watch with me on my wrist, but I always have my DS with me. So it's easier for me to use my DS as my watch.

I also enjoy the Friendship Checker. It's cute to watch my little team float around on the bottom screen, bumping into one another.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I usually use the health bar or the happiness checker as I've been evolving Pokemon recently via happiness methods. Otherwise I usually just use the digital watch.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I use the step counter, awesome when hatching eggs or using pokeradar :)

Autaven

Gamer Girl
    Years
  • I use the berry screen. I never really got into berries in the other games, but in this one I'm quite obsessive. Although theres ONE part on the screen that actually lies to me, it says theres a berry there all the time and there never is, I never even planted one there. Sigh.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Berry Checker all the way. I'm obsessive about berries, so I plant them alot. ALOT. I love how you can see where there are berries.

And I also like the Happiness Checker. Run free, my pretty Pokemon! xDDD

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • As a collector, obviously I've never got anything but the Breeding Checker app on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    im always watching my prescious pokmon float around with the happiness checker or im obessing with my OCD and checking the time xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I usually have it on the Itemfinder one. (Lol, I can't be bothered to remember its actual name...even if it's already been mentioned in this thread. XD) Having it on all the time reminds me to check for hidden items often--in the other games, I'd use the Itemfinder maybe 10 times and forget it existed.

Otherwise I have the friendship checker one or the step counter. o_o But not often.

Years
  • The digital watch. I like it the best. *shrug* It's also nice to know the time on the field, especially if I'm too lazy to look at another clock. XD

After that, the step counter. Sometimes I feel a bit random and I'll breed Pokémon. I use it to get an idea of how long until the egg might hatch. o_o

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Dowsing Machine would probably be my most-used one thus far...simply because it's so easy to use now. Next comes Berry Checker & Digital Watch, then Marking Map & Breeding Checker (I really should use this one more often...maybe I will eventually). I don't use the others too much.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    I use the digital watch and the Poke conuter just to hatch eggs and to know when it is time to try the VS seeker again

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

how do you know when to try the vs seeker again...

I'm trying to figure that out myself...

Typhoon

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2007
    You can use the vs seeker when there's someone on the screen who can battle. You can only use the vs seeker after a certain number of steps (like 100, i think).

Back