• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Professor Is Your Favorite?

Which Pokemon Professor Do YOU Like?

• Total voters
    Years
    Remember those guys, you know, those guys who give you your first Pokemon?

Well, this is a thread to support them. And talk about them, like why do you like them?

In case you don't know, there are 4 Professors currently, and they each study a different field on Pokemon. They give you a choice of 3 Pokemon in the beginning of the game, a Grass, Fire, and a Water-type Pokemon. Here, in case you don't know them:

The Kanto Professor, Oak, studies Pokémon and human relationships. He gives out Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle as the starters of the Kanto Region.

The Johto Professor, Elm, studies unusual Pokémon abilities. He also specializes in Pokémon breeding, and is credited with the discovery of Pokémon eggs. He gives out Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile as starters of the Johto Region.

The Hoenn Professor, Birch, specializes in Pokémon habitats and distribution. He gives out Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip as starters of the Hoenn Region.

The Sinnoh Professor, Rowan, specializes in Pokémon evolution. He gives out Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup as the starters of Sinnoh.

Please, no 4 word answers. Explain why, okay?

I like Elm because he a scatter-brain like me, and he gives you the Master Ball after you get 8 badges.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Oak, plain and simple. Just seems like the overall nicest and coolest professor out of the series, the others aren't bad except for Rowan who I don't care for much, but yeah Oak all the way for me, I used to love seeing him in the anime.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
    Oak is my top favorite professor, both for his kindly demeanor (must be that whole "I'm a grandfather!" thing) and that old people are just cool in general...

Which means I'm also a fan of Rowan. Underneath that stern hide he has, he also has a hidden sweet tooth! 8D! *just finds this to be epic character developement of one kind or another*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I like everything about Birch. His rugged appearance, his casual attire, the fact that he does a lot more field research than the other three, and the humor in the fact that he was being chased around by a Poochyena at the beginning of the game. XD

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    elm didnt get screen time because Ash didnt meet a trainer from that region to travel with him....we would have found a reson had that happened.that being said,Oak is the best because he has always been here....still alive...he must have kept that celebi from the 4th movie to keep himself young and alive...

The Red Chain

The only one I really don't like that much is Birch. He bores me. :x
    Oak is awesome because he's Oak, Elm is great because he's such a goofball, and Rowan's scary stalkerness is hilarious. 8D

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    The only one I really don't like that much is Birch. He bores me. :x
    Oak is awesome because he's Oak, Elm is great because he's such a goofball, and Rowan's scary stalkerness is hilarious. 8D

Completely agree. Birch was a moron at the start of the game. He was being chased by a lvl. 2 Zigzagoon. I'm pretty sure a boot to the face takes care of that.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Its got to be Oak! He was the original, Muk always attacked him, and his lab has a windmill. I mean, c'mon!!

Elm wasn't too bad, he just didn't really compare to Oak's great nature and scientific urging.

Birch was... honestly sort of a moron! I mean, he goes into tall grass with 3 Pokemon, and ends up running around like a moron crying because he can't even get a Pokeball out of a box...

Rowan was just so freaking insane it scared me! He was so serious and outlandishly bizarre, I wouldn't have been suprised if Cyrus pulled off a mask and was Rowan in disguise! I really dislike him...

Tox

fight me
    Years
    So much Birch hate. D8 I actually thought the fact that he was being chased by a Poochyena/Zigzagoon was hilarious. He's probably my second favourite professor. Nobody can do it like Oak. :3 Elm's pretty cool too. He just didn't get enough screen time. Rowan still scares me. It's funny sometimes but creepy at other times.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I'll have to go with Elm .

I was always fascinated by the part with eggs of Pokemon Game . The engineering of them and nights spent in front of a guide trying to memorize egg groups aand such !

If Rowan wasn't of Sinnoh , I'd go with him because he studies evolution , but his region downgrades him ... sorry Rowan !

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Rowan, because he's so freaking creepy. That alone is enough to make me vote for him. He stalks you, he threatens his assistant with something if the briefcase isn't with them, he has a fridge full of candy and sweets. If you're wondering why I like that about him, well...

It's funny to see how creepy someone can make something in a kids game.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I call shenanigans there is no Professor Ivy! T.T

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Oak. Awesome guy, with an awesome goal in life :)

Next comes Elm, he's cool too, and kind of the nerdy type, which I like... Also he's hilarious Ryo's fanfic didn't affect my way of seeing him at ALL... *cough*

Then Rowan, and... Birch. He bugs me >:/

Back