• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist did you play as?

Which do you play as?

• Total voters

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
Years
  • In this generation. I only played 1 time. And my chosen character was a boy.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I play as Hilbert but I named him Azriel. I don't like the way the girl is dressed at all. I like all the other female characters, though I'm not too fond of Lyra. When I play white I'll also play as the male character.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • Ever since the introduction of female characters in the game, I've always chosen the girl; mainly because I'm a girl myself and I can't seem to bring myself to play as a guy =\

But for once, I actually really enjoyed both protagonists, and thus made it much harder for me to choose ;.;

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    Male. I'm never comfortable being the opposite gender even in games for some reason lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Obviously, I played as Touko (female). I'll probably play as the male character when I finish my first run.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I played as the male protagonist in my first file. If I get a second copy of B/W then I will play as the girl.

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
  • Played as a guy. It's kinda strange, I loved the Crystal, Sapphire and Pt female sprite, but I can't get along with the HGSS and BW sprites... :/
    Touko has beautiful hair, though. And, if her shorts had been two inches longer, I would've picked her... Or at least if she had a Zettai Ryouiki.

MeanLook

Now you can't get away
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    Always play as a dude because

You just have to press A
    I'm a dude

Back