• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist?

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    I usually play a the main game for each pokemon game at least twice, and I play as the male in one playthrough, and then female the next playthrough.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I always play as the girl, because that's what I am. I haven't played a boy since Gold and Silver, back when there wasn't an option. XD

In general, the girls' designs are better than the boys', at least in my opinion. It took me a few minutes to even remember what the DPPt guy looked like, whereas everyone remembers Dawn. I loved the way my player looked in Fourth Gen, and I love the way she looks in Fifth Gen. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I like the dude. The dude in pkmn Sinnoh looked gay, as did the one in hoenn. Basically, so far the dudes have sucked image wise, while the girls are awesome. I don't really like White, but I LOVE Dawn. The dude looks awesome in BW

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I chose the male protagonist. I mostly choose the boy, I only chose the girl a) when I was playing crystal and b) when I was playing diamond because I didn't like the nerdy look of Lucas.

Last edited:

Equinoxe

pleeease listen to meee
    Years
    • ~
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I don't have to choose because I usually play the games several times so that I get to try each gender out at least once. In HG/SS and DPPt I think I chose the male character more often because the girl designs were not exactly my favourites (the HG/SS girl could lose that stupid hat, really).
    The BW designs I think are equally cool so I've used them in a more balanced manner.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
    I have played both Pokémon Black and Pokémon White as Hilbert the male protagonist as I always do.
    I think I tried Hilda, the female and reset after leaving Nuvema Town.
    ;]

Back