• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which R/B/G/Y Starter?

Which B/R/G/Y Starter Is Your Favorite?

• Charmander

Votes: 78 50.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 23 14.9%

• Total voters

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I was just pondering on which you guys think is the best :)

When I ponder, I need an answer :)

Ahh, the orginals. I have gone with Charmander. I LOVE it some much! They are the BEST!!! OMG I LOVE THEM YAAAAAY CHARMANDER

Yes, I am a little, ok very obssesive over Charmaders, they are sooo cool.

Years
    Charizard is definitely a great final stage pokemon, it depends on the availability of what you're looking for later in the game too. An Arcanine is a good replacement for Charizard if you get a squirtle or bulbasaur.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Bulbasaur - my first ever save.

He's the most fun starter. You get to have fun leech seeding and poisoning or paralyzing!

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    Definately Bulbasaur because it is good against ground and water types and ultra effective against rock types when it learns vine whip. i think it learns it at level 13.

bitter_doom

im a house elf
    Years
    squritle cause i just like him... and blastoies... and ever since i got a shiny squritle from starters i choose him straight away

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Squirtle. He is like, the easiest to start with

Actually Squirtle is the medium difficulty. What I like about pokemon games is they choose the difficulty in which starters you choose. Since Bulbasaur is a grass type it can defeat Brock and Misty very easily. Plus when you are facing Surge he can't get a super effective on you. So Bulbasaur is the easiest to start with

Squirtle however can defeat Brock but Misty is the exact same type. So there are no good bonuses there. Plus Surge can kill it in like 1 hit

Charmander is very hard to beat Brock and Misty with. So he is the hardest

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Actually Squirtle is the medium difficulty. What I like about pokemon games is they choose the difficulty in which starters you choose. Since Bulbasaur is a grass type it can defeat Brock and Misty very easily. Plus when you are facing Surge he can't get a super effective on you. So Bulbasaur is the easiest to start with

Squirtle however can defeat Brock but Misty is the exact same type. So there are no good bonuses there. Plus Surge can kill it in like 1 hit

Charmander is very hard to beat Brock and Misty with. So he is the hardest

If you have trouble beating the gym leaders you fail :/ Unless you go at them with incredibly low-level pokemon with terrible disadvantages, but that isn't so smart. You are correct, though. Just pick the one that will do best on your team for competitive battling...if you aren't doing that, just pick your favorite, which is either blastoise or chari, though I like 'em all.

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    If you want to pick Squirtle here is a good thing to do.

I remember when I pick squirtle,After I beat Brock and Misty I go to battle everyone on the S.S Anne and I go to train in Diglett cave. I do this and normally by then I have a Blastoise lvl 38 or 39 and I have a ground move or another move other than water and I pretty much have my game started the way I want it.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    I actually picked all of them, I was still new to Pokemon and was having a tough time with Brock and Misty with Charmander as my starter and then I just decided to play the game over with each new starter, In the end, it was Bulbasaur.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Definitely Squirtle and Bulbasaur. <3 Though I'm a fan of Charmander. However, I feel most of the starters are slightly overrated. =/

Back