• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which R/S/E Starter?

Which R/S/E Starter do you like most?

• Torchic

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Treeko

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    I chose Treecko because he looked the coolest, pure and simple. :) Grovyle is definitely the coolest of it's three evolutions though.
    I also generally prefer grass-type Pokemon as well anyway, although most of my favourite Pokemon are not of the grass-type.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    i'd say mudkip because when it evolves, It is also ground, so electric-types would have no effect, although It is double weak against grass...

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    I have a more....practical aproach to which I should pick. If I want a guy, who in the final stage, has high speed and attack, I go for Treeko. If I want high speed and special attack, I go for Torchic. I rarely ever choice Mudkip, simply because it has mediocre attack and special attack, and dual weakness to Grass-types, which are very common in teams.

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I chose Torchic,once I got to the E4 he single handedly took out like 3 of them for me. :)

chews

Chewilicious
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    Well,i voted for torchic.I always chose torchic bcoz its easy to train,good attacks,easy to defeat opponents.thats my choice & i like blaziken very much.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have a more....practical aproach to which I should pick. If I want a guy, who in the final stage, has high speed and attack, I go for Treeko. Sceptile doesn't have very good attack...at all...If I want high speed and special attack, I go for Torchic. Blaziken is very slow...I rarely ever choice Mudkip, simply because it has mediocre attack and special attack actually those stats are pretty decent, not to mention that unlike its counterparts, it can actually take a hit..., and dual weakness to Grass-types, which are very common in teams. they are?

The only grass moves I ever see are mostly to counter the beast that is swampert, yes?

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Meh

I alwas choose the fire starter.
    Unless i replay the game again then i may choose a diffrent starter.

Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13

Im listening to pop

Muhahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha

lol

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Mudkip because its the best one there in my opinion. It's final evolution is Swampert which is my favorite Water type and fave ground as well. Not Fave Water/Ground type

:t354:TG

Years
    I love Fire Pokemon, and have always started with fire-type starters in past games, but I always start with Mudkip in R/S/E. It's kind of a nice change to pick a starter with strong HP and physical attack, something that the starters I've chosen in the past don't exactly have. Water is probably my second favourite type to train, so it all works out.

~Rene~

Pearlshipping Fan!
    Years
    I vote for Mudkip. Because I choose it as my starter Pokemon in Emerald. And I liked when it becomes Swampert, a Water/Ground type.

Back