• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Rival do you like Best?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Paul by far. He's the exact opposite of Ash, he actually appears on a constant basis, and he has great pokémon. He isn't afraid to challenge people and does what he does when he does it. But I don't like him, he's just the best rival.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Gary because he is the only Rival that becomes champion.
    May/Brendan are the worst because in your final fight against them, their starter has not reached its final evolution.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Wow, I'm actually quite surprised by the lack of Silver supporters in this thread.
    Very surprised...

In all honesty, I have to say Silver was my favorite rival. He was the true epitome of a bad guy. He stole his first Pokémon, thought of the little creatures as tools, and only had aspirations to make them stronger. It was up to you to set him straight and teach him to respect his Pokémon. It is for that reason that I liked having him as a rival.

Gary, May, and the rival from the fourth generation weren't quite up to snuff with me. Sure, if was pleasurable to defeat them at every chance I received, but there really wasn't any satisfaction of "ridding the world of its evil."

*Blinks once, then twice* You know how in G/S/C (which I played, when I was, like, eight, if not younger) when you first battle him, all that comes up is ???. Yeah, see, when Professor Elm asked who the boy (and I originally thought he was a girl xD) was, I actually put in ??? as his name. Now I finally realize who people are talking about when they say Silver.

Talk about a major blond moment xD

So, now Silver takes Barry's/Clint's spot. I hated Silver, but he was the most bad rival ever (though, Paul may have him by just a smidge).

Back