• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Sonic voice cast do you guys prefer?

Years
  • Do you prefer the original that debuted in Sonic Adventure and stayed until Sonic Advance 3, or do you prefer the current 4Kids cast that started with Shadow the Hedgehog?

Here are the voice actors and their characters:

Original Cast:

Ryan Drummond - Sonic
    William Corkery - Tails
    Scott Dreier - Knuckles
    David Humphrey - Shadow
    Jennifer Doullard - Amy
    Sarah Wulfeck - Cream
    Jon St. John - Big, Gamma, Omega
    Lani Minella - Rouge and Omochao
    Deem Bristow (RIP) - Eggman
    Marc Biagi - Vector and Gerald Robotnik
    Bill Corkery (William's father) - Espio
    Emily Corkery (possibly Bill's wife and William's mother) - Charmy

4Kids:

Jason Griffith - Sonic and Shadow
    Amy Palant - Tails and Omochao
    Dan Green - Knuckles
    Liza Ortiz - Amy
    Rebecca Honig - Cream
    Maddie Blaustien - Omega
    Pete Zarustica - Big
    Kathleen Delaney - Rouge the Bat
    Mike ******* - Eggman and Gerald Robotnik
    Carter Cathcart - Vector
    David Wills - Espio
    Amy Birnbaum - Charmy

If you dislike the 4Kids cast (and I'm dead certain the majority does), are you willing to try and help get the previous cast back?

Just post saying so.

And no flame wars.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I'm more used to the original voice cast so the new guys sound horrible and different to me ... So I'm up to getting them back but I doubt petitions get far in Sonic's world because they won't change it (who cares about silleh fans :P). Besides, the show is dead and the games are failing. But meh, I'll go sign your petition. :x

Eee I'm an old pessimistic girl that loves kiddy Sonic games. 8D

Years
  • Mike ******* and Liza Orbiz, at least IMO, are the better voice actors for Eggman and Amy. Mike captures Eggman's personality perfect, and Amy's old voice actor was really bad =x.

Now, Charmy's and Esupio's VA in Shadow T.H. weren't bad at all. Rouge's VA was always horrible...Knuckles...it depends. Tails' new VA is really lame, but that's expected...and Sonic, Ryan Drumland was better. The new guy is lame =(.

And tbqh, I never noticed a difference in Shadow. Go figure.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • original cast.....what more can I say? oh, they both could use a better voice for knuckles...they're good, but...could be better, ya know? and then vector's voice on sonic heroes rocked.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    David Humphrey!!! He did a way better job
    VAting Shadow, than Jason Griffith. BTW!!! Do
    you guys know who voice acted Jet, Storm,
    and Wave from Sonic Riders.

-ChronicNightmare-

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Eh, don't care. They all sound great. Although, I love the voices of:

4Kids Voices:
    Tails, Knuckles, Charmy, and Amy
    The rest I hate on the 4kids list.

The original cast was good too, except Tails, Knuckles, Charmy, and Amy of the 4kids voices were way better, in my opinion. Please no criticizing.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Though you probably expected me to say it, I'll say it anyway. The original SatAM voice cast. I know they didn't have VAs for every character there is now, but back then they really did a great job on the characters. Mike Polock may have played a great Eggman, but Jim Cummings was just flat-out awesome as Robotnik.

Back