• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Sounds Better?

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
Years
  • Marowak [I love this pokemon!]
    Item: Thick Club
    EV's: 4 Hp 252 Attk 252 Spd
    Nature: Joly [+Spd. -Sp. Atk] Adamant [+Atk, -Sp Atk]
    Moves:
    []EarthQuake []Double Edge
    []Stone Edge []Fire Punch/Focus Punch

OR:

Item: Thick Club
    EV's: 4 Hp 252 Attk 252 Spd
    Nature: Joly [+Spd. -Sp. Atk] Adamant [+Atk, -Sp Atk]
    Moves:
    []Earth Quake
    []Double Edge/Fire Punch/ Stone Edge
    []Sword Dance
    []Double Edge/Fire Punch/ Stone Edge

Some other moves [to replace some of them if one would recomend them]
    Bonemerang
    Thunder Punch
    Rock Slide

Both Natuers should be Rock Head but my question is, which one seems better?

I think the first one seems best, but finding both those natures have been a pain in the ass, like seriously! Is there any easy way to get the needed nature for a pokemon? Eh, just which one sounds better to ya?

Last edited:

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Unless you have access to Emerald, then Fire Punch shouldn't be in that listing. Anyway, go with the second set. It's important to pack Swords Dance in case they want to try to Physical Wall it.

Also, keep in mind that Marowak will not work effectively without Speed BPed to it.

Arsibiyez

Volbeat. Beat. Beat. Vol. Vol.
    Years
  • Don't underestimate Bone Club. Same power as Earthquake, plus the power to break weak subs & do damage, at the cost of 10% accuracy.

Besides the flinch, EQ >>> Bone Club.
    Bonemerang must be what you're saying. That's the one with potential to break subs and cause damage in the same turn.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • bonemarang is still pointless anyway as most pokes who set up subs are faster than marowak and will get what they wanted to get done achieved.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • but you'll still inflict damage on 'em... heck.. you have a chance of KO'ing 'em.. with the exception of the BP tanks out there.

Iceman3k

Years
  • bonemarang is still pointless anyway as most pokes who set up subs are faster than marowak and will get what they wanted to get done achieved.
    Even if they cracked the first attack and Subbed first, Marowak will still break the Sub, then do additional Damage if it's powerful enough.

Arsibiyez

Years
  • It's pretty much the point that without enough speed, you'll be slower than a lot of opponent's subbing Pokemon. The trick would be to deal 75 base damage (including STAB) and attempt to destroy the sub, and deal another 75 base damage to the Pokemon behind it. But if Wak had any Speed BP'd to it, then EQ would be the more apt move to use.

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
    Years
  • Honestly though... it is the EQ that im leanin more towards. Its more powerful, and has been one of my all time fav moves.

Bonemerang though is amazin, maybe i'll run it in place of fire punc/focus pucn/etc. on the first set. I mean with the Thick Club doublin Marowak's attack i really dont think sword dance is needed, errr more along the lines of, i really wouldn't want to waste the turn increasing attack, just pull of a switch out.

Arsibiyez

Years
  • When you look at it mathematically, EQ and Bonemerang have the same total damage. Both result in a total of 150 power. It's just that Bonemerang hits twice, and each time has a chance of becoming a critical hit. But the catch is that Bonemerang's accuracy is only 90. The point is, both moves have their pros and cons, so the final decision will still be up to you.

Iceman3k

Years
  • Why not run both?
    I mean sacraficing the fighting or fire attack wouldn't be that much of a cost, would it?
    Except it's stupid and pointless to run 2 of the same type attack on one Pokemon. Also, Fire Blast stays on hand to deal with Skarmory / Forretress / Bronzong and other Steel Types that don't take a lot of damage from Ground.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • When you look at it mathematically, EQ and Bonemerang have the same total damage. Both result in a total of 150 power. It's just that Bonemerang hits twice, and each time has a chance of becoming a critical hit. But the catch is that Bonemerang's accuracy is only 90. The point is, both moves have their pros and cons, so the final decision will still be up to you.

You forgot, Bonemerang (NOT Bone Club :P) has the power to break weak Subs, while doing damage. Great for those who are planning to Subpass.

Back