• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Read the title.

I guess this thread might have been made, but is most probably old news now.

I started with my Cyndaquil :)

I was initially going to start with Totodile, but changed my mind when I was face to face with those three Pokéballs.

Insane85

Bored
    Years
    I chose Chikorita with the intent of making the game "harder" for myself, but I stuck it in the box as soon as my pokewalker gave me a Ponyta and a Staryu, which it did before the first gym.

White_4s_Night

Perfectionist
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I chose Cyndaquil because the game was too easy with totodile and chikorita XD

ase

learning How to Hack
    Years
    i chose totodile because well i love water-types but cydaquil was close second :D

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
    I chose Totodile on Soul Silver because that's what I chose when I played Silver the first time around, and that was the first game I really played through.

For the Heart Gold I just got...I chose Chikorita, because that's "hard mode" and I just felt like it. (:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I chose Cyndaquil, love that little guy. He's my favorite starter from the Gen. II.

Last edited:

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I was going to choose Chikorita, because out of every generations starters I always like the grass the best.
    But for some reason when I had the choice, I took Totodile.

I ran through the whole game using ONLY him, and he took out every gym and the whole E4 alone.
    Surf + Crunch + Ice Fang + Slash = win.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I planned to choose Chikorita...

but I happened to see images of it's OW sprite, and Meganium's back sprite, and, well, they were so utterly apalling that I chose Cyndaquil. And I don't evolve him.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    i kept tapping all three fast without looking like a random thing and got chikorita

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I Just Recently got back into playing my Game.
    So i restarted it and everything.

I Chose Cyndaquil.
    But I'm Only using him till I can get a Better Party of my Choice.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Cyndaquil, but I traded over Chikorita and Totodile from my Diamond version and used all 3. Cyndaquil primarily, totodile secondary, and I eventually dropped Chikorita (Meganium,before the Elite Four, and never went back to using her....tho I really like that pokemon).

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Cyndaquil in HeartGold, and Totodile in SoulSilver. I just don't like Chikorita as much as them, although it has grown on me quite a bit over the years (I also used Meganium in Colosseum so I've got it covered anyway).

Years
    I was suprise with feraligator it didn't have any good water type moves. So I taught it earthquake, iron tail, bilzzard, and hydro cannon. I only have one water type move for it. It sucks. I'm gonna get rid of feraligator when my lapras reach a high level.

SoergBot

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    Totodile!

He definitely learns some of the better offensive moves in
    the game and has some pretty good attack and defense

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    The same one I always choose when faced with the choice of three Johto starters:

Cyndaquil! (Or Quilava as the case may be...XD)

Typhlosion is pretty much my favorite pokemon. XD

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Totodile since he's better than them all. He has a higher move range than the other two or at least more than Cyndaquil...

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Chikorita.
    Didn't use it; Johto starters suck. I just passed a Chingling from Pt to SS and I played with my favorite Pokémon :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Chikorita, and although I love my Meganium...I kind of wish I would have chosen Totodile (like I intended to) instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back