• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Zapperz

colour swapper!
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Mostly Treeko and Charmander, their final forms are cool

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2011
    For what ever reason I always start with the grass type.

Blue: Bulbasaur

Gold: Chikarita

Sapphire: Treeko

Pearl: (however I didn't have it very long, I just lost interest) Turtwig

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • RSE: I started with Treecko!
    FRLG: Bulbasaur

I chose Bulba because that was my starter in my original blue game, and Treecko because I wanted to be different from my friends who mostly picked Torchic

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Charizard & Blakizen. I've stuck with Fire types for all starters..until Sinnoh/Unova...

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • I normally pick Squirtle for LG/FR but sometimes I'll pick Charmander. I rarely pick Bulbasaur though. For R/S/E I didn't really like the starters but I usually pick Mudkip/Torchic lol

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • In Emerald, I chose Treecko, but in accordance, I discarded it to choose another pokemon to act a my 'starter' pokemon.

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
    Years
  • Always Mudkip. Always. Swampert is my favorite Pokemon of all time, so you can see why. I don't think I've ever picked Torchic or Treecko.

As for FR/LG, I usually pick Charmander. I think I picked Squirtle once, though.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    The first time I played FireRed, I chose Charmander, well, because he was the only starter I ever chose back in the old games. I never choose, NEVER, Bulbasaur; I dislike grass Pokemon. The second time, which was in LeafGreen, I chose Squirtle.

As for the RSE versions, I tend to mix them up; although I dislike grass Pokemon, however, Treeko is too cool to miss out.

Years
  • FRLG (and the originals): I like to play with all three of the starters, but i mostly pick Charmander
    RSE: Treecko or Mudkip. I don't know why, but i've never chosen Torchic

Sari1292

Self Proclaimed Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • Bulbasaur and torchic. I've always had a place in my heart for bulbasaur since my dad gave me a bulba plushie when I was younger. And I just thought torchic looked cute.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Most of the times I picked Charmander and Torchic. Blaziken is one of the good Fire Pokémon in RSE, and he's got good attacks (Blaze Kick & Sky Uppercut) that give him an advantage over a quite some types. : >
    But, now and then I pick Mudkip or Squirtle. |3 I love those two as well, but Fire Pokémon have a special place in my heart. <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2013
    Torchic and Bulbasaur. I played both games with all three starters, but for me those were the best. :) Also i love their look.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • For R/S/E, I used to choose Torchic. Now I'm leaning more towards Treecko, because I got rather sick of using Blaziken XD

For FR/LG I chose either Charmander or Bulbasaur, since it's sometimes hard to choose between them.

Back