• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter Is The Best Choice?

Which Starter Is The Best Choose

• Totodile,Croconaw,Feraligater

Votes: 48 38.1%
  • Chikorita,Bayleef,Meganium

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Cyndaquil,Quilava,Typhlosion

Votes: 65 51.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Personally, I would go with Totodile.
    Of the Water-types available in the Johto region, the only ones that could be good are Horsea and Chinchou, but the first is foundable in mid-late game, and for the second, I don't really like it.
    As for the Fire and Grass types of my team, I usually go with Growlithe, and now I got my Leafeon with a trade.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    In my opinion I think the Totodile evolution line is better than the Cyndaquil and Chikorita evolution line is because the Totodile evolution line reaches its final evolution at level 30, while Cyndaquil and Chikorita his theirs at 36 and 32. Also Totodile because they are able to learn Ice Beam which can KO Chikorita and Surf to KO Cyndaquil

:t354:TG

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    If I had to choose nowadays I'd deem it a toughie, but at the time I picked and stuck with Totodile, and I haven't looked back really.
    Chikorita falls down at the first hurdle, and Cyndaquil will struggle in Union Cave (although this would be my second choice). But Feraligatr has Ice moves under its belt, so Dragon and Grass aren't a problem for it, leaving electric to be its biggest opponent.

Usually I'm a great lover of Fire types, and Quilava was a favourite of mine for a long time, but the other water types in the game don't compare to the Totodile line really.

I will admit though, in Soul Silver, my friend traded me Chikorita and Cyndaquil eggs. I recommend that, it's not cheating by any means, it provides a strong team from day one and it makes you feel like the 2nd Gen's equivalent to Red!

PickupTeam

Free Item Abuser
    Years
    Megan the Meganium!

(Uncreative, I know.) u_u

I always pick the pokemon that's weak against the first gyms. It forces me to think about other pokemon too- in this case, that Onix you get traded ingame.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back