• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 111 42.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 93 35.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 60 22.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    I wanted to go with the Grass starter this time around, but Grass/Flying is an even worse typing than just Grass, so nope.

Not sure which one I'll pick between Litten and Popplio. I'll need to see evolutions first.

I can't wait for Fire/Fighting cat

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Absolutely Rowlet, it's adorable. No question.

Popplio is growing on me - was meh when I first saw it, but I actually quite like it now. Litten just looks so... Bland, I guess. Meh.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My issue with Popplio is that it's way, way too on the nose. There's no subtlety whatsoever.

Compare it with Froakie who goes with its given theme better while having its own identity. Popplio on the other hand is obvious on an obnoxious level and comes across as generic.

Shame, cuz I typically like Water starters. I'm disappointed, especially coming from inspired designs like the Froakie and Piplup line. (I'll give points to Oshawott line for the samurai influence too, even if I'm not a fan of the execution)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm surprised that Litten is so unpopular. Nevertheless, I'll pick it!

I saw a "reblog if you're picking this starter" for each of the three starters on tumblr and last time I checked Litten was leading, although Rowlet wasn't that far behind him.

Poor Popplio wasn't getting many reblogs, it's like Oshawott all over again.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    OMG They are so adorable this is kind of wild!
    I mean first you have the freaking gentleman Owl with the leaf bow-tie and that round figure and all that owly goodness
    Then you have a freaking Fire-type Tiger, which looks like everything I secretly wished Litleo to be...and he's even better.
    Then you have that derpy Clown seal Water-type cutie, doing fucking water tricks...IDK MANNN I can't vote yet.
    Like, My favorite type is fire so Litten, but the one that caught my eye the most was Rowlet and it's like 5th gen all over again, but them bubbles though so maybe Popplio...GOD DAMNNNN choices!

Years
    I came across a post on Tumblr that is comparing the markings on Litten's head to the symbol of Satan. No wonder why I'm speculating it will become a Dark-type.

viciousvictini

Currently Traveling Alola...
    Years
    It's harsh choosing only 1 of these greatly designed pokemon...

I would like Rowlet but seeing as this is a too much water region,I have to go with Popplio. It is certainly one of the cutest water starters since forever ago.

Years
    Please Game Freak don't do this. That would be so redundant. Mono water or something else, just no Ice.

I can understand if some people want difference, but I think we're more concerned about Fire/Fighting Litten evolutions than Water/Ice Popplio evolutions. I can't really connect any other types to Popplio so staying pure Water could be possible, but it would likely be viewed as the boring one if that were the case, especially if Litten gains a secondary type.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If Popplio is gonna end up part Ice you could potentially get an Ice type while you're still playing the first half of the game for the first time. (no one picked Amaura)

Which means it's not gonna happen. Because Ice types are too good or something.

Back