• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter will you choose?

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 111 42.0%
  • Litten

Votes: 93 35.2%
  • Popplio

Votes: 60 22.7%

• Total voters

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Huh, they're actually in their pokedex order in the polls.
    I originally didn't like Litten, but he's starting to grow on me. In fact, if he has much better evos then Rowlet, I might even chopse him for my starter.

Poplio... perhaps he'll grow on me, but for now, I think this is the first time I have disliked any of the starters.

Rowlet is the only one I like, but he looks more like a regional bird than a starter. He doesn't really seem planty enough. And I'm not sure I like his beak, but still... I'm pretty sure I'll be continuing my trend of choosing the grass-type.

All in all, a pretty solid trio.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2017
    Definitely going Rowlet and he's getting some kind of Doctor Who related name because bowties are cool haha.

Years
  • I can't decide, they're all so cute ugh... I'm even considering the fire type starter slightly and I never pick the fire starter, like, ever. I've seen people say Poppilo looks dumb, but I think it looks silly (in a good way). Rowlet is so cute though... I've never been this torn over starters, I've always known right away which I would pick.

Also interestingly enough I've seen people berading the starters since there's been an owl, cat, and seel Pokemon, but there are different types of each species, sooo.....

Anyways, really looking forward to the games, but I am not able to vote yet.

Years
  • After having known about the starters for about half a day now... I'm leaning more and more towards Rowlett. Which will be named Pigwidgeon, if the amount of characters fits.
    If it doesn't, it'll be Errol. Would have gone with Hedwig if it was snowy xD

Years
  • Well, Litten looks sooo sarcastic, he looks like he's judging the f**k out of you! So i'll for him :D I didn't really like any of them when I first watched the trailer...but after a couple of watches they grew on me :D

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • It'll take a while to grow on me, but I almost always choose the water starter in my first version which will be Moon this time. I'll probably get the hopefully-dark/fire kitty in Sun :)

Bay

Years
  • Popplio for me, most likely. I tend to favor the water starters and Popplio I think I'll like and its evolution. Rowlet is also, maybe if I decide on a second playthrough.

Years
  • I like all three of them unfortunately (Litten the least since I'm not a cat person, really) so I'm going to wait until their evolutions are revealed before I make my decision, but right now I'm going with Popplio.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Chespin was the most popular X and Y starter until Greninja was revealed, correct?

Years
  • I'm definitely gonna keep up the traditional fire-type starter for first play through - I've done it since Gen 1, it's kind of just gonna keep happening, I really like the Grass-type Owl, but I can't break tradition for it! Plus Litten looks kind of cool, almost as cool as chimchar did when Gen 4 was coming out (Before people really knew what Infernape looked like)

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
    Years
  • I'm definitely going to pick Litten. I just love its design and colors, and I am a big fan of kitties.
    I also like the way that the fur on its back stands up when it breaths fire.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • I usually don't pick grass types, but i think this game would be an acception. Its so cute and seems so strong. I don't like the look of fire or the water starter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    honestly idk i like them all. the water one looks the most derpy to me but its still cute. i guess as of right now im between the grass and fire starter

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm currently torn between Rowlet and Litten. Rowlet is super cute but I'm very much a cat person and fire types have always been my favourites, so unless the final evolution turns out terribly, I'll probably be choosing Litten.

Years
  • They are all so cute! Can't wait to see what they evolve into!

But I'm choosing Rowlet for sure! I've always gone for the Grass Starter and Grass/Flying is very neat!

Back