• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Cyndaquil, duh

Always went with the Fire-types, always will

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Definitely Cyndaquil so I can relive the good ol' days. Typhlosion is my first and only true level 100 pokemon. : D

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Chikorita is easily the most adorable starter out there, and I feel that it packs quite a punch. The only thing it has against it is the first couple of gyms and trainers (BELLSPROUT!!!). If not Chika, then Cyndaquil. Definitely not Totodile, though. Never been a water starter fan.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Toto-Toto-diiile! I've always used that Pokemon in 2nd Gen games, and there's no difference now.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    Cyndaquil. I accidently clicked Chickorita:nervous: Anyway, when I had a Thyplosion on my Silver, he was nearly unstoppable. The only thing that stopped him were Dragon types. (Probably why I found Lance annoying in FRLG) Totodile is okay(I guess) and Chickorita is cuter than Turtwig, but I've never really liked Megmanium.

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Cyndaquil. Chikorita is so cute, But i hate it's evolutions(Plus it's hard to use in game as well :P). Cyndaquil has some pretty cool evolutions though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It really depends on the game I get.

Heart Gold: Cyndaquil.
    Soul Silver: Totodile.

No. This does not have anything to do with who the characters of PokeSpe are. It's due to the fact that I got Totodile (first pokemon ever ftw~) on my old Silver, and Cyndaquil on my Gold (and Chikorita on my Crystal.) :3;;

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    One more vote for Cyndaquil.

Even though I would perhaps trade all starters into one game since I'm DEFINITELY buying both HG and SS. XD

But then I'm gonna pick Cyndaquil from the beginning no matter what - personally Feraligatr fits Silver the most and I love Typhlosion!

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I used to have all three starters in Silver thanks to the cloning glitch.
    If they decide not to add that in for fun, I guess I'll take Cyndaquil.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I probably will get a japanese version as well/play multiple times. But my main choice is good old Totodile, mainly as he was the one I picked in the first place, back in the old days. -_-

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Chikorita.

Not only is it sexy, but it's my favorite starter of all time.

Aliandro Operator

The Operator
    Years
    Simple. Cyndaquil! As always. A fire starter.
    I've always started out with fire types and always will. The only time was.. Wait.. There wasn't. xD!
    The only fire starter I felt wasn't all that was Chimchar. Felt like it was a Charmander rip-off!

The Operator.

Back