• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Chikorita, absolutely, since Meganium is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon. I don't mind Cyndaquil or Totodile, though, so I might rotate all three.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    im gonna have to go with totodile in heartgold and cyndaquil in soulsilver, since thats how i had it in my originals.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Which Starter?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    Well I like all the starters and wish I could start with them all. But if I had to choose I would pick Cyndaquil. Hopefully, if i deciede to get both of the remakes I will be able to decide between Chikorita and Totodile!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Cyndaquil. I'm affiliated with Fire, so it's Fire-type starters for me! (ALMOST was going to pick Turtwig over Chimchar because of Turtwig's nice design as opposed to Chimchar's ripoff design (and dual typing) of FAIL.) Anyway, Cyndaquil's so cute to boot, too! I can't wait to (hopefully) have the awesome Typhlosion following me throughout the game, watching my back as well in Johto and Kanto!! :D
    :t157: FTW!

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    fire? water? or grass? which starter will you choose?

Since gold and silver were the first to introduce starters with just only one element (pokemon red and blue, charizard fire/flying venasaur grass/poison) that makes sorting out your team just a little complicated but also fun and challenging!

So which will be your starter?

I'll be picking cyndaquil since hes the BEST!

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    I'm kind of leaning towards Totodile, but Cyndaquil is still a good possibility. Typhlosion and Feraligatr are both awesome and strong, so the only real differance is the type. Chikorita is out of the question though; it's a physically retarded dog with a leaf on it's head. >_> And not to be sexist, but it's always seemed more feminine to me. xD

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    probably totodile, 'coz i used him when i first beat my silver...

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Can't decide between Totodile or Cyndaquil.

Do I want a giant alligator, or a wolverine following me. Hmm~!

Back