• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which starter?

Which starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    In XD, on the Battle Mountain, if you beat all 100 trainers without changing your Pokemon, you can choose to get a Chikorita with Frenzy Plant, Cyndaquil with Blast Burn or Totodile with Hydro Cannon.

Which will you pick?

Years
    Cyndaquil is favorite.
    I hate the Totodile line, and Hydro Cannon was made specifically with Blastoise's cannons in mind, so yeah. I don't get that very much.
    And from what I've read, Chikorita probably works best with Frenzy Plant since it's mostly defensive and needs a good strong attack like that, so I'm split between Cyndaquil and Chikorita, but I'm leaning towards Cyndaquil.

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    all of these attacks seem good but you loose a turn after you us the moove if its for the best i would choose cindaquil

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    I chose Cyndaquil mainly because its evolution, Quilava, has become my new favorite. Besides, all the starters needed some love. I might even like a Hydro Cannoning Feraligatr. Order of Pokemon: Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile.

Ookido

禁じることを&#
    Years
    I have a Totodile on my Emerald, and a Chikorita in my FireRed, so I will choice Cyndaquil to get all the POK?MON's.

Shining Lericon

Postcount isn't everything
    Years
    Cyndaquil. It's evolution Typhlosion has the most Special attack of all three(Typhlosion has base 109 SpA, Meganium has base 83 SpA, and Feraligatr has 79 base SpA), and therefore can make the best use of the special move.

Champion Taylor

PokeTrainer
    Years
    I like Cyndaquil, but I also like Totodile a little more. Plus, Toty's final evoulution, Feralygator (sp?) (I think) is stronger that Typholsion in many ways.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    I just found something on Serebii...
    It says that it is possible to get all three, you just need to climb Mt. Battle 3 times to do it.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    I know, but Cyndaquil will still be the first one. I do believe Feraligatr needs Hydro Cannon. Its special attack is so poor that it'll need to cause AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE in one blow.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    RaikouSpecialLover said:
    I just found something on Serebii...
    It says that it is possible to get all three, you just need to climb Mt. Battle 3 times to do it.
    Wow... 300 battles without leaving the mountain and not changing Pokemon even once. That's going to be hard to achieve.

Zangoose

Wild Pokemon
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2008
    I picked Cyndaquil, purely because I prefer him out of the three Johto starters. Plus, I love fire pokemon!

Clam

.:|Frozen DEaTH
    Years
    For me it's not going to matter. I already have all the three Jhoto starters in all of my Advance generation games already. But when I get XD and I have to pick, I'll choose Cyndaquil. It's my favorite Jhoto starter, and I like Fire types. But I'll just do it to clear Battle mountian for the 100th time and soon 300th time, then I'll get all three I suppose.

Back