• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen which starter?

which starter?

• Total voters

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
  • Charmander, I choose you!

Charmander was my starter in Red, it will be my starter in Fire Leaf when it comes out in the US.

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Bulbasaur!
    He is my fav. pokemon.
    I want Gary to have Charizard, fight him is fun.
    And I like grass pokemon. =P
    *can't wait to catch Entei in future*

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
    Years
  • I dont know...when i bought my first pokemon red, i pick charmander....and now that bulbasaur looks crispier than charmander, i pick him:D

Bulba rules

Salu2

Years
  • I say Bulbasaur. I love Bulbasaur! He's great against Brock, Misty, Giovanni, and Lorelei. He's also the best choice for beginners (which I am not)!

I will probably get both versions and start with Bulbasaur in Leaf Green and Charmander in Fire Red.

Last edited:

James Hawking

Insane Newbie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2004
    Ever since the first game, I have been a Water Trainer.
    That's why it took me five tries against the third gym (VERMILLION CITY) before I finally wised up and caught a DIGLETT in the DIGLETT CAVE... >_<
    So therefore, I will choose... SQUIRTLE! The little guy OWNS, and when it evolves into a Blastoise, it has two very cool cannons on its back. I wonder if it can learn all the beam attacks (barring Solarbeam and Flamethrower, of course)

I made a very foolish mistake, yes?

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Well ive lowered my choices down, now its between Charmander and Squirtle. I want Charmander cuz of Charizard and I want Squirtle cuz of Warturle.....arggg i cant pick!!!! >.<

K-3.1416

Entrenador Mexicano
    Years
  • I think that the best Pok?mon to choose is
    which starter?
    'cause his dual type Fire/Flying when he becomes
    which starter?
    , personally I prefer
    which starter?
    , but his Water type it's something that I don't know... I don't like it very much. And
    which starter?
    ..., well, I like him

too but not to battle with him :sleeping:

Last Appeal:
    which starter?
    :laugh:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    I'll pick squirtle at first, (he's my fave)then i'll probably end up buying the other game and getting all three starters on both...

Well...my favourite is squirtle because it was my first ever and it evolves into wartortle!

Back