• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Team?

Which Team?

• Team Rocket!

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Team Galactic!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Team Neither!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Go Me!

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I guess I should answer my own question. =p Team Rocket for me. Partly for the nostalgia, I suppose.

Galactic did have some more fleshed-out characters, so that's a plus for them, but I just prefer the concept of TR's team. Galactic's seemed a bit... over the top to me, and given Cryus for instance didn't show much emotion and all, it wasn't that... rewarding a feeling in beating him. And besides, TR just seems to suit them; doing small time stuff (slowpoketails) to something that actually had a big threat; taking over Johto and having a neat tactic in radio waves to bring back their former leader, and that was easier to swallow than Galactic's sometimes convoluted plans.

Years
  • Team Rocket for me, most likely for nostalgia, and because I really dont like any of the others. (I like Aqua and Magma too, but Rocket is the best).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Team Galactic. Team Rocket just wasn't the same with Giovanni in hiding... they didn't seem nearly as intimidating. If Giovanni was still at the helm of TR, then I might be inclined to vote them, but the entire group just seemed more... disorganized.
    See, for me, I always understood why Team Rocket was more of a disorganized team in HG/SS and the former GSC. Giovanni basically abandoned them without warning and it left them clueless as what to do next. However, they decided to go off into Johto and continue their mischief in attempt to relocate Giovanni once more. After all, they did want to find him again. So, I don't know, but I always found it understandable as to why Team Rocket in Johto was more disorganized and I accepted them for that.

Between Team Rocket and Team Galactic though, I'm going to have to side with the former, and not because of nostalgic reasons. While not as intimidating or as threatening as Team Galactic was, I always appreciated Team Rocket for their more believable and less chaotic plans of crime. Out of all the evil organizations, Team Rocket has always been the most grounded. Plus, they are a more fun and less serious bunch of crooks to take care of than the overzealous plans by Cyrus.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • It's Team Rocket for me. I found with team galactic that their goals and objectives were just to farfetch'd. I found that the goals of Team Rocket; stealing and abusing Pokemon to turn in a profit and eventually conquer the world were much more evil than that of Team Galactic's: opening another dimension with the help of two orbs and a few stolen Pokemon. Although, it was easy to follow the plans of Team Galactic's for the most part, I found in some situations that I had no clue where I was, where I was going and why I was there.

I also liked the fact that Team Rocket has the strength and power to rebuild and regroup in Johto after their defeat to Red a few years prior in Kanto. I do admit though, that the presence of Giovanni is missed, since I always found him so fun and challenging to battle - mainly because he was the toughest and the scariest of all members of Team Rocket. Interim Boss Archer was still a good boss, but not as good compared to Giovanni because I found his Pokemon waaaay to easy to defeat.

And with Team Rocket, I loved how Gamefreak kept the nostalgic areas of the journey to defeating the criminal organisation fresh yet true to the original(s). For instance, where the player has to travel within the Goldenrod Underground and enter the locked door in the dark alley. The puzzle within was kept original besides the obvious graphic update. I could always remember as a kid, I'd get stuck on the puzzle in that room, I'd battle the theives and yet still I couldn't work it out. When I eventually did, I lost to a Team Rocket Grunt and her Vileplume. Those memories I really enjoyed somewhat experiencing again while playing through that part of the game in HGSS. And like I mentioned beforehand, the added features - though really small - really made an impact and really spurred my ongoing interest in the game and in that point of the game. The scene where we had to dress up as a rocket to infiltrate their radio tower HQ was really fun to do, although simple and when I was caught as a result of Silver, I couldn't help but scream with anger, haha.

td;lr: Team Rocket.

Cid

Years
  • Team Rocket. From this selection it's all a matter of which one's less silly. And it's more fun to take out Team Rocket Grunts! I've always liked Giovanni over Cyrus, and even though the former didn't really lead the new Team Rocket because he was in hiding, he still has more of a presence as a mafia boss of sorts.

Besides, how ludicrous the Team Galactic outfits are pretty much douse whatever appeal they had for apparently being more sinister.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Well...the nostalgiafag in me is screaming for me to pick Team Rocket, and I thought they were totes evil omg when I was a little kid, but I really liked Team Galactic's space theme and their cuckoo-nuts-crazy boss was hilarious...hmm. I guess I like them both equally. Team Rocket just a tiiiiiny bit more because nostalgia

You know, Curious, there was a way to fight Giovanni in HG/SS. I'm sure you know all about it, though.

...team go me GOGOGO

Years
  • I would go with Team Galactic, as Team Rocket was only a shell of it's former self when you face them in HG/SS.

I also found Cyrus a much more interesting leader than Giovanni, and Team Galactic had much more interesting goals than simply being criminals.

Back