• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which unobtainable Pokemon are you most bummed out about?

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
  • Pretty self-explanatory title. This is not so much "ARRGH! this pokamon is not in the game. worst game evar!", but more like "Man, I wish I didn't have to wait until December 22 to get this Pokemon, oh well". X & Y have the largest Pokemon roster to date, especially when you add up Friend Safari, yet some non-legendary Pokemon still got left out.
    So, which old Pokemon do you wish was available in the games without having to wait for Pokemon Bank to come out? For me personally it would have to be Meowth. I find it really strange how one of the more recognisable Pokemon in the series (thanks to the anime) has not been capturable in the wild for 4 generations in a row (not counting remakes). In fact, almost every other Gen 1 Pokemon is available in X & Y, in one way or another. Did GF get millions of letters from fans asking them to bring Farfetch'd back 'cause of how great a Pokemon he is?

Reactions: Sun

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I'm really surprised Feebas/Milotic missed out on this region, Kalos is, after all, the supposed region of beauty.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Here's the list of Pokemon that missed out here for reference, in case one was wondering.

But still, I'm surprised about some of my late-generation faves missing out here. Notably Jellicent (aka my second-fave Water-type ever, my fave if you don't count starters/legendaries lol) and a retconned Fairy-type Whimsicott. I may not even use the transfer after hearing that a fee has to be paid to use Pokemon Bank, so I guess I may never get my mascot Pokemon onto this game and settle for Froakie to act as my "mascot" in this game.

Thankfully I didn't have to say much since they included most of my all-time faves anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    I really miss treeko and totodile. I'm not sure if I can get them in the Friend Safari.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Here's the list of Pokemon that missed out here for reference, in case one was wondering.

But still, I'm surprised about some of my late-generation faves missing out here. Notably Jellicent (aka my second-fave Water-type ever, my fave if you don't count starters/legendaries lol) and a retconned Fairy-type Whimsicott. I may not even use the transfer after hearing that a fee has to be paid to use Pokemon Bank, so I guess I may never get my mascot Pokemon onto this game and settle for Froakie to act as my "mascot" in this game.

Thankfully I didn't have to say much since they included most of my all-time faves anyway.

Bank is free for a while.

I really miss treeko and totodile. I'm not sure if I can get them in the Friend Safari.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think starters are catchable.

Last edited:
    Years
  • It's Meowth for me too. He's my favourite Pokemon so it's really frustrating that he's almost always left out of the games.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • For me it's Misdreavus/Mismagius.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think starters are catchable.
    You can get starters in the Friend Safari. One of my safari's is full of Charmeleon's.

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think starters are catchable.

They are. You can catch all 1st and 6th gen starters in the Friend Safari.
    As for me... it would have be Totodile, as he is my favourite Water-type.
    I as well would like Eelektross. I really bonded with this Pokemon in BW and it pains me not to have him ;(

Honestly though, they added so many obtainable Pokemon in this generation, that I'm not really disturbed by it. Greninja and Lapras are still awesome alternatives to go with.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I was really upset about my Nido couple until I figured out that I had somehow just completely missed them. My favorite is Ditto, it's in every game. All in all I'm only missing Starters and Legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Glameow and Purugly.

Only because those tricksy little blighters have evaded me since Gen IV. Uncatchable in the only two Gen IV games I had (Platinum and HeartGold) and are only available in hidden grottos in Gen V, which I most definitely did not have the patience for.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Sammorott. He can stand up ans swing swords, but in BW he just sits on his hands and does nothing. I have to wait till December to see if his 3D model does him justice.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Yamask and Cofagrigus, those two were some of my favorite Pokemon of Unova and I was extremely bummed out when they were not in the game, but they put Lilligant and Petilil, two Pokemon I do not like lol

:t354:TG

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I also agree with missing out on the Shinx line. I also would have loved to see the Spheal line in the game though :( I bonded with this Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, XD Gale of Darkness and my White 2 game... aaand I just like seals very much :3

Back