• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which version are you buying?

Which version are you buying?

• Omega Ruby!!!

Votes: 46 32.6%
  • Alpha Sapphire!!!

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • BOTH!!!

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • ...neither...

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Star11Pika

Don't just look at the stars, be one c:
    Years
    I'm going for Alpha Sapphire first just because <3 Kyorge! And I maybe will get the other version too I haven't decided about that yet. I know for sure that some of my friends will get OR so I'm able to get all "game locked" thingies though I don't even know if there are some XD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I'll get Omega Ruby. And I don't see the point in owning both versions when millions of people in the world will get Alpha Sapphire and can trade me the exclusives I want.

Years
    I never buy both versions of a game because I can't trade with myself >~<

Anyway I am getting Omegle Ruby and not Alphourchan Sapphire because I like Groudon better.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
    Arghh, I can't vote yet...
    It LOOKS as if i'll get Omega Ruby (mainly because of Latios, as unless the Eon Ticket distribution goes to Wi-Fi, i doubt i'll get one)

but yeah, I guess Groudon better >_<

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire when i picked up the shiny gengar :P it seems fitting since i bought the original sapphire a couple years back on ebay. I cant wait to compare them!

Last edited:

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
    I've got my copy of AlphaSapphire reserved at Gamestop. However! I will end up with both, eventually. Maybe I'll get OmegaRuby for Christmas, too.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Between watching the trailer for OR/AS and my mate bugging me to jump back on the pokemon band wagon, I bought a 3DS and Pokemon X, with a pre-order of Omega Ruby, as he already owns Y and pre-ordered Sapphire.

I wasn't fussed in which version I got as I never played the original gen 3 (only generation I havent played). But he loved the original sapphire and has almost 700 hours on it. So theres my bit on why I got Ruby

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Alpha Sapphire because I played Sapphire back in the day. I also prefer Kyogre to Groudon...and I prefer Team Aqua to Team Magma.

It's a no brainer really.

Years
    Omega Ruby for me, with the main reason being that Team Magma is my all-time favourite Pokémon team and I can't wait to get the chance to play a game with them ruling the roost haha :) (Before I only had Emerald so I don't feel particularly nostalgic towards either game, so getting to play this version of Ruby will be all new to me) :) I was kinda leaning towards AS cause Sapphire's my birthstone but at the end of the day, my love for Team Magma and preferring Groudon to Kyogre is stronger lol :)

Guest123123

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, because of all the version differences, I like most of AS's more.

I prefer Kyogre over Groudon, Team Aqua over Team Magma (though from the groups' admins, I like Courtney the most), Lunatone over Solrock, Seviper over Zangoose, and Lotad's line over Seedot's.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Well for me I have already paid for both versions, I will play through both, but I will play through Alpha Sapphire and then after finishing Omega Ruby I will make Sapphire my main game. Only 13 days left, can't wait!

Years
    Here we go again.
    I'm going with Omega Ruby. I like the color of the box more (stupid reason, but this is my favorite color), Omega sounds more awesome to me than Alpha (another dumb reason) and I just simply like Groundon more than Kyogre.

Back