• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Version Do You Like Best?

Which Version Do You Like Best?

• Diamond

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Bah, they are all the same! Who cares?

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Platinum was without a doubt the best, also the team I had in Platinum was the best I ever used, so yeah I vote for Platinum.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Didn't really like either of them due to the lack of creativity in the Pokemon themselves, which didn't really have a broad scope to choose from. Didn't pick Chimchar so you need a fire Pokemon? Here's a Ponyta! That's all you're getting.

KairiHearts

Keyblade Wielder.I'm a Boy!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    Platinum because I like Giratina Origin Forme & Shaymin Skye Forme.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Well, one of the reason why I think Platinum is better is because I'd never played the other two before. XD;

Anyways, the sprites were slightly improved and the player could battle Fatina sooner. xP Oh, and having Giratina as the mascot. I never really adored Dialga and Palkia as much as the aforementioned.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Didn't really like either of them due to the lack of creativity in the Pokemon themselves, which didn't really have a broad scope to choose from. Didn't pick Chimchar so you need a fire Pokemon? Here's a Ponyta! That's all you're getting.

Hey, it gave Fires earlier on than any other generation. Fire Pokemon have always been scarce.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2010
    I vote for Platinum and Diamond

but if there's only one for choose i think Platinum may be better

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Like almost everyone else, I have to go with Platinum. It's the upgraded version of both Diamond and Pearl, and since Diamond and Pearl are both the same thing with only a few pokémon difference, Platinum wins. I like to battle a lot and when I heard they had the Battle Frontier I declared it to be my favorite game out of the three straight away.

Also, I see no reason to dislike Platinum in any way because there's just a few added features and different pokémon levels. Otherwise, everything else is almost quite the same. However everyone has their own opinion, and this is just mine which shouldn't mean no more to anyone else. xD;

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • Diamond. It was the one I played first and the one I have played most, I constantly play Diamond and all others are just used to trade with. :)

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • Platinum is best for many reasons:
    1. Faster surf
    2. Battle Frontier
    3. Able to catch full dragon trio
    4. Rebattles with Gym Leaders
    and more...

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Platinum. But, that is simply due to more changes and better updates to it's prequels.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
  • Hey, it gave Fires earlier on than any other generation. Fire Pokemon have always been scarce.

I didn't say anything about the quickness or lack thereof of getting a fire Pokemon, I implied there actually are no new regular fire Pokemon other than the starter.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I have played both versions and from my experience Diamond was a bit better. I really don't know why I liked it a lot more, but it probably had something to do with Dialga being the main Pokemon.

Back