• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which version of hell is more frightening and despairing to you?

droomph

weeb
    Years
    I think that either one would be just as bad (or okay) because if you've ever been in pain or had something unpleasant happen, you know that your body just automatically adjusts to the surroundings. So if you were burning, you would just mentally retreat into a safe spot.

Personally the worst kind of hell is one where you're alone, and it's completely dark. However, you see people having eternal fun, and that would be excruciating for me. I never like having to sit through something fun and not take part in it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    @ Kura : My first version doesn't say anything about being alone. You would be with others. But hell is not a place where you can be happy just because there are others. It would be worse in my opinion. You would hear everyone wailing and horribly screaming in pain,agony and horror and you would get even more terrified. Just watching the others burning and crying desperately for help knowing that you would be next would be bad.Very bad.

@ Droomph : You can't get used to pain. Hell has nothing positive in it. Laws we have here don't exist there. So you would never get used to pain. If it was like that, then you wouldn't get thrown in a lake of fire as your nerves would go numb after a minute or two. So do you think hell is just a torture if 2 minutes?

@ Alley Cat : Please don't do that. That's very foolish! That's a serious question not an apocalyptic zombie scenario. You can't fight demons >.>

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    I'm gonna have to go with #2. At least you'd eventually get used to a "hellish" hell. Emptiness would really destroy your mind, especially over an infinite amount of time.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    @OreoMaster Well...your body "acclimates" to the surroundings, because there's no switch to on-and-off for the torture there; it's constant.

I don't know, maybe a combination of the two? Your body would never acclimate to that.

And the "weeping and gnashing of teeth" part would be a wonderful way to torture if none of the above was true.

Also a bolt through your wrist would hurt. jeebus

EDIT: @Jarred Amen.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    First one would hurt like HELL! geddit? bad pun was bad

Anyways, yeah. The first one... because pain is definitely something nobody likes. Being alone is pretty creepy too, but... yeah the first one.

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    They are both absolutely horrid, but if I had to pick one, I would pick the second. Couldn't you just sleep all the time?

Back