• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which voice actors do you love/hate?

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
    I was lookin around some cartoons and all then I was noticing some of the voices that were done. Some of the voice actors that I heard these days are good but not good enough like the good old days..for example..Fred Flintstone. When the old voice actor passed away from age..he was replaced but uh...was done horribly.

Now a good voice actor that I can recall (and i know some of you know about him) is Billy West, now he is a great voice actor and has done things like the voice of Stimpy from the Ren and Stimpy show, the voice of Fry of Futurama and i think i do recall that he did do Bugs Bunny..

So, any favorites you guys like?

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    I don't really like Veronica Taylor as a voice actor for ash, not to start a flame war or anything.

And Shenlong just listed one of my favorite ones, Billy West

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Mel Blanc. Hands down. (Mel Blanc did Bugs Bunny, for the record, Shenlong.)

He's the genius who's done almost every old cartoon voice you can think of. (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester, Tweety, Granny, all those grand ol' Warner guys.) He was so good, that he could do a voice imitating a voice. Like Bugs Bunny being Lucy from I love Lucy.

Briana

Love Hina Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    I can't really think of any I hate, but I love Kira Vincet Davis.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I really like Joshua Seth, he did alot of anime voice acting including Cyborg 009 from, well, Cyborg 009, Tai from digimon and Hige from wolfs rain. I also like Ryan Drummond, the voice of Sonic from all of the games from sonic adventure to sonic heroes. I also of course like Veronica Taylor for Ash of course. But I absolutely hate, HATE, HATE, Jason Andy Griffith. He's the new voice for sonic in SonicX and All of the newer sonic games, he just sucks -_-

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years

He's the genius who's done almost every old cartoon voice you can think of. (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester, Tweety, Granny, all those grand ol' Warner guys.) He was so good, that he could do a voice imitating a voice. Like Bugs Bunny being Lucy from I love Lucy.
    I already knew that Mel Blanc did the original voice of Bugs Bunny, Billy West is actually the current voice of Bugs since he did the voice of him in Space Jam so that makes West a successor for Blanc. Btw, Blanc didn't do the voice of Granny, he only did every major male Looney Tunes characters. I also agree with you also that Mel Blanc is a true voice acting genius.

Oh and here's another voice acting genius you guys should acknowlegde also. Frank Welker. For almost 40 years, Welker has been referred to in Hollywood as a "voice god".

Even though he does voice of Fred Jones from Scooby Doo, he is often cast in animated production as the "voice" of various animal characters.

He also sas shared two roles with Leonard Nimoy. When the third season of "Transformers" (1984) came around, Frank took the role of Galvatron that Leonard Nimoy had taken in The Transformers: The Movie (1986). And in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984), Frank provided the 'screams' of Leonard Nimoy's most famous character, Mr Spock.

Provided the voice for 8 of the original 14 Decepticons in the "Transformers" (1984) cartoon: Megatron, Soundwave, Skywarp, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, and Buzzsaw. He voiced two of the original Autobots as well: Trailbreaker and Mirage, as well as one of the Dinobots (Sludge) that also appeared in the first season.

He has done every voicing of Freddy "Fred" Jones for the Scooby-Doo series with the sole exception of "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" (1988). Even in parodies and cameos on different TV shows, he has always done his voice.

Has done voices for both the original Star Trek film series and the television series "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995).

He also did the animal voice effects including "Dumbo" in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988).

In "Tiny Toon Adventures" (1990), he voiced Furrball, Gogo Dodo, Calamity Coyote, Little Beeper, Byron Basset, Uncle Stinky Pig, Henry Bear and Ralph the Guard, who later appeared in "Animaniacs" (1993), where Frank not only voiced Ralph, but also voiced Thaddeus Plotz, Buttons, Runt, Flavio Hippo and Chicken Boo!!! Welker is truly remarkable!! :O

Oh and as for the voice actors I hate, I say its Charlie Adler. I friggin's hate this guys cuz not only his voice acting is irritating but it's also very obnoxious and annoying too especially in ugh Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. However, he's only good roles that he did was Buster Bunny in Tiny Toons and Mr. Big Head in Rocko's Modern Life.

I also hate every other voice actors in 4Kids Entertainmet too since they just plain suck at voice acting in general.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Stephanie Sheh,Nicole Bouma and Chiara Zanni = FTW ;D

Lisa Ortiz's voice,on the other hand,drives me NUTS,but that's just my opinion >_>

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Cam Clarke. =x

He did Kratos' voice in Tales of Symphonia but more people here would know him as the singing voice for Simba in Lion King II and as Simba in Kingdom Hearts II. He's my favourite voice actor hands down and really the one that got me paying attention to voice actors in the first place. :D;

Quinton Flynn gets honorable mention for being Axel and Reno's voice actor (from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII respectively~) even though he signed his name over Demyx's picture when he autographed my book DDX.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    The voice actors that I've fallen for quite some time are Rachel Lillis & Veronica Taylor. In every anime they work, the voices always fit.

The one who I hated for a bit was John Swasey, he made a terrible voice actor for Ken Robbins, made him sound like if he had a stuffy nose.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    I have a few that I really liked, although some people don't really like them. XD Oh well. They are all from anime english dubs, btw.

Richard Cox is definately one of favourites. He is best known to me as Inuyasha from, well, InuYasha. He also played Tolle Koenig and Shani Andras from Gundam SEED, and a few others. :3

Matt Hill as Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED. Although he sounded kind of like a surfer dude, I love his voice just because it served as Kira's. XD

AND, Vic Mignogna. :D Known to me as Edward Elric from FMA. He can sing, too, which is kind of cool.

There are probably tons more, but I don't want to make a longer list D:

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    YoshiRiRu said:

Totally. I ADORE that guy <3 Mostly for Bugs and Daffy, but he's just... awesome.

Another one of my favorites is Dee Bradley Baker. He's kind of incredible at changing his voice o.o;; And he always shows up in the credits of cartoons somehow, even when he isn't playing a main role!

Tom Kenny, who does Spongebob is another one of my favorites! His Spongebob voice is the best ^^

And Micheal Reisz! I've always loved his voice! I grew up listening to him in Digimon <3

Aaaaand Miyu Irino has the prettiest voice in all of Japan *luvluv* There's something that makes the fangirl in me smile when he goes "Nande?!" Oooh, I LOOVE his voice! Mamoru Miyano is equally awesome, and he gets brownie points for doing Riku, Kiba and Tamaki Suou <3

And Maaya Sakamoto = <3 I love her voice <3<3<3

'Cept for her laugh ;/ Her forced laugh bugs me.

Hmm... as for a VA I hate the voice of?

Manami Nakayama, who does Riku Harada from DNAngel. I HATE THE WAY SHE TALKS ;A; I just... hate it. And Risa Uchida (Japanese version Kairi from KH)... gosh, something about her voice is so dang annoying >3<

And I think that's about it =3 As you can see, I couldn't think of any female English VAs >.<

Years
    Well, i love the voice of Seth Green, the voice actor for Chris Griffin on Family Guy,

I hate the voice of the japanese version of Goku, i heard it on the new dbz fighting game,

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    All of these are extremely abridged lists.

Voice Actors I Like: Steve Blum, Wendee Lee, Melissa Fahn, Johnny Yong Bosch, Michelle Ruff, Stephanie Sheh, Yuri Lowenthal, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Crispin Freeman, Dave Wittenberg, Quinton Flynn, Joshua Seth, Lex Lang, Kari Wahlgren, Kirk Thornton, Vic Mignogna, Travis Willingham, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Sonny Strait, Laura Bailey, Scott McNeil, Kirby Morrow

Voice Actors I Can Tolerate: Kate Higgins, Steve Staley, Richard Epcar, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, most other people on the Ocean Group, FUNimation, and ADV payrolls

Voice Actors I Dislike: Lara Jill Miller, Philece Sampler, Richard Ian Cox, Moneca Stori, Matt Hill, anyone on the 4Kids payroll

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    personally i hate all
    the english naruto voice actors
    i prefer the japanese voices...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really like whoever does Itchy and Scratchy..Though they dont say THAT much..they still sound adorable. I nearly forgots, Inuyasha's VA is teh best, I mean teh non-Japaneze (Cant spell) version of it <33. Oh yeah and Ash's old voice is awesome tooz. Those are all I really like..

Back