• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest gym to beat?

Hardest gym to beat?

• Total voters

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    The ice gym was the hardest for me because i only had 2 pokemon on my team at the time that was up to level and it was my torterra and gabite and both are bad against ice moves.

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
    I dunno how so many people had trouble with Maylene o.o
    She's not that difficult.

I'll say Byron, Steel. Steel vs Steel takes really long D:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    When I first started playing Platinum I had a hard time with Fantina. Her Duskull kept on using Will-o-wisp and man was that annoying as heck. I didn't have any dark Pokemon at that time since my Eevee took forever to evolve. Now that I have started over on Platinum, the most challenging gym that I had would have to be Crasher wake. I had a Rotom and Torterra but my Torterra hated that Ice fang while Rotom hated Bite.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that Maylene was tough. No matter who you have on your team, she has a pokemon with a move to counter you. Ughh.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Candice. Not only did it take forever to figure out the gym puzzle, she's pretty dang tough too. Moreso in DP when you could only get either Infernape or Rapidash as a fire type.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    The only one I really had trouble with is Maylene.
    Her Pokemon were just too much for mine.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
    All the gyms where easy for me, except The ice gym. I had taken Turtwig as my starter, and since I had trained a starly as my secondary pokemon and the rest of my team was mainly HM slaves I was really at a loss. Eventualy I just traded in the GTS for a chimchar and trained him up and whiped her.

Lethal-Llama

Professional Awesome Sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    In Diamond it was Fantina.... God her Mismagius was a horror...

Years
    Yeah, fighting is the hardest for me so far.
    My Alakazam is too strong so it won't obey me :(

Training up my dustox, beautifly and staravia to cream them :D

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
    None of the Gym Leaders defeated me in Platinum but I do remember beating Fantina with only 1 pokemon left because of her Mismagius so I guess that was the most difficult.

Years
    Managed to defeat the Rock Gym after training staravia up a few levels so it only took me two attempts overall.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Gardenia's Roserade kept owning me, after her Cherubi kept using Sunlight. Turtwig also pwned me XD She was the hardest for me, the rest of the gyms were rather easy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    For me, the hardest to beat was Volkner, the electric one. All I had with an advantage was a Gallade that knew Earthquake so no STAB+supereffective like I would normally use.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Candice, depending on your luck with her Froslass and your attacks missing because of Snow Cloak.

Fortunately, in Platinum, my team had a luxury it didn't have in Pearl. Faint Attack.

With that said, I defeated every one of the Gym Leaders on the first try... Candice was just the trickiest to take down, and that's not even going into her gym puzzle...

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    Gardenia was the hardest gym for me, since I started with Piplup, and I was underleveled a bit. Took me about 5 tries to win, but I managed to take her down. The other gyms were a breeze for me.

Back