• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    It took me about 40 minutes to catch Dialga. The rest took about 10-25 minutes.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Giratina has caughten up to Mesprit... FINALLY! I'm pretty sure most people think Mesprit is hard right?

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    My hardest catch this far?
    GIBLE.
    I had serious trouble catching that darn critter with a team that mostly had lvl 50 Pokémon and one lvl 15 Eevee, who had to do the work all alone except for the occasional fainting when I had to change Pokémon and try to throw some balls at that Gible. It took me literally forever. Never ever will I try to catch anything with that kind of team anymore. Geez.

This was a bit off topic, but I'm conciderably annoyed on the moment ^-^' Never mind me, keep the conversation going!

Years
    I got Palkia on the first attempt with an Ultra Ball.

However, I just tried to catch a Chatot, and it was crazy. I just ended up fainting him. I threw one Great Ball, a few Ultra Balls, and a Heal Ball, and nothing. :/

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
    Lol, Giratina isn't that hard to catch, just get it down to low HP, then wall it with a Normal/Flying type (only Slash affects it). Strange how Regigigas isn't up there either. I caught mine by walling it with Spiritomb completely (only Confuse Ray works on Spiritomb, which does no damage).

I actually found Dialga the hardest (none of them where actually hard to catch), since it ws at a point in the game where nothing I had had proper moves for catching (Sleep Moves, set damage moves (Super Fang works fairly well), and False Swipe).

In Platinum, I'm guessing Giratina will be, by far, the hardest legendary to catch, since it has a catch rate of 3, and it's at a pre-E4 stage of the game.

However, in all of D/P/Pt, the hardest to catch, or rather the most annoying, would be Beldum. It has a catch rate of 3, and Take Down's recoil can KO it. Best way to do it is with Gengar/Spiritomb/any ghost with Hypnosis and Night Shade or something.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I am telling this to everyone again once more... you can say any lengendary pokemon that was hard to catch, it was my fault that I forgot to put a few of them up there, my apologies...but plz. don't hesitate to speak your mind...

...Thank you and let's keep this thread flowing...

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Hetran - everytime i would play it I would say get inside the stupid pokeball and stay there. That didn't work did it....

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    My hardest to catch was Azelf. I tried 5 times to catch it and then I killed it(I traded for one later). I couldn't stand the little pest anymore!

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    Of those i have only caught a dialga lol. I gave girantina a try but he broke out my ultras even when i had in on 5% hp.

antiluft

Sporadic Player
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2016
    I haven't actually beaten Diamond/Pearl myself (I have gotten all the way to Sunyshore, but not beaten Volkner).

However, I did capture Dialga very easily. It only took 2 Great Balls, so I'm sure he's in no way the hardest to capture.

Years
    heatran. man, dialga was so easy to catch. I remember when I was up to it and it was 6am, I battle it, use an attack, use a dusk ball and I caught it. :D

Lucky 1276

Pikachu Lover
    Years
    • GA
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    Cresselia. Chasing that thing around was killer..i eventually had to just get another master ball off a pokemon forum.

dialgaX149

MEGA PWNAGE!!!
    Years
    Mesprit, Giratina and (although not on the poll) Cresselia. They were HELL. I tried a code for Arceus, and DANG he was hard.
    P.S. I pity those who had a hard time with Dialga/Palkia. Seriously, catch rate 30? What was Nintendo thinking?

Back