• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    i caught giratina with a masterball from diamond and i caught heatran with ultra balls. it was really hard

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I have no idea what Mesprit's problem was; just get in the flipping pokeball already! :P

Regigigas I caught fairly easily, as well as Cress/Gira/Azelf/Uxie. Heatran didn't take that long either, compared to Mesprit. Since when can Pokemon escape while they're sleeping? Lame!

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    i think giratina because i ran out of dusk balls when i had like 30 it was really anoying

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Giratina, though Heatran came in close second (48 dusk balls for Giratina, 41 ultra balls with Heatran.)

Pikazard

Team Rocket and Team magma fan
    Years
    those of you that struggle with giratina is get a lv 100 INFENAPE
    that knows blast burn

use it twice

throw ultra balls at it

you have your very own giratina

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    WOW! Now, a lot of people are saying Giratina and Mesprit!!!

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Palkia was probably everybody's easiest catch by the looks of the votes...it was actually easy...Giratina and Mesprit is probably everbody's hardest....well most people that is...

whale

A bullet of integrity
    Years
    Ah man, I was playing Diamond awhile back and I was to the point where you catch Dialga.
    I walk up to him and proceed to battle that when it hits me. I haven't saved since a badge ago and I only have one pokeball.
    I think "oh great! I don't even get to catch this guy man whatever."
    So in vain I throw my only pokeball at it (at full health) and apprehensively waiting for it to fail to turn off my game, but to my surprise the pokeball sealed and I captured it!

Well anyways Giratina was my hardest, at least 10 pokeballs (hoping to have the same as dialga) and 15 ultra balls

Years
    Giratina was my easiest. This might seemed far fetch, but i caught him on my first try...with a poke ball.

My hardest is usually the three legends, Azelf, uxie, mesprit

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    I'd have to say Dialga because I was completely unprepared, and got worn out from the previous battles, and was just like, 'What the....', then realized what was going on. All of the other ones, I was prepared for, and knew what to expect.

Years
    Azelf was annoying. Nasty Plot.
    This was the first time playing Pearl, though.
    Now when I play, Regigigas and Giratina are my Rings of Aggravate Monster.

Years
    Everyone was super easy for the most part. I ended up using the Master Ball on Mesprit because I was impatient, but Cresselia was a ***** to catch. And it took absolutely forever for my girlfriend and I to catch Heatran. We either kept killing him or running out of balls. It was ridiculous.

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
    It was Giratina but I found it with ease. In Platinum it's hell easy (two Ultra Balls at low HP). In Pearl it took me like 30 Dusk Balls plus a few more when it were at red HP and on my last Ultra Ball I caught it.

Vayle Rosehart

Master of the ninja noogie.
    Years
    ..The hardest Pokemon to catch the traditional way has to be the Legendary dogs from G/S/C. Hands down.

Tough little critters..

Edit: I know we're speaking of Diamond and Pearl, but nothing has ever been as difficult to catch as those dogs. Entei was especially the most headache-worthy.

Back