• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Zelda is the best?

Which Zelda Game is the Best?

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Sword

• The Wind Waker

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Four Sword Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Phantom Hourglass

• I don't have a favorite

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I hate Zelda games (then why are you here?)

• Total voters

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • so what is your favorite Zelda game. There has been a large debate going on between OoT, WW, and TP. I personally like WW the best. Which one is your favorite?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I prefer the Majora's Mask. All Zelda games have the same plot style - save the princess and unlimited time, which makes it seem, well, quite easy cos you could just stop. Majoras Mask has a time limit. True you can go back in time to the beginning of the 1st Day, but you would lose all stock of items and any keys in the dungeons. Also the plot isn't save the princess for once.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    Windwaker by a mile and a half.

Ocarina of Time was ofcourse amazing for its era but windwaker was innovative and showed that nintendo was not afraid to venture into new fronts.

:)

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • I was about to say Ocarina, simply because it's the best game of all time, let alone the best Zelda. I'm certain that the majority of votes will be for this...

Having said that, my personal fave is A Link to the Past. Mostly because of its length and its tricky puzzles... and the "Zelda is your sister" conspiricy.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
  • OoT is great if you don't mind the ancient graphics

Wing Waker is great and truly stylized ^^

Twilight Princess is better than the two above. Epic win

My favorite is Phantom Hourglass :)

Edit: 100th post FTW!!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm probably going to get loads of flamers saying "Ocarina of time ftw. Windwaker!!!11111. Twilight princess, the graphics!!" but I say Majoras Mask.
    Yes, it didn't have as many dungeons as the other games did however, it had Deku, Goron, Zora and not to mention Fierce Deity Link.
    I thought that was really made the game unique as well as the epic story.
    Sure, the others were good, but my favourite goes to Majoras. My second favourite.... probable OOT. I prefer the oldies. XD
    Plus in Majoras Mask, the fairy had a attitude. And, if I remember correctly, didn't go "Listen! Hey! Listen!" for once.
    Also, I loved the Kafei subplot. It was fun, intresting and just one of my favourite subplots of all time.
    It wasn't like the other Zelda game subplots which were useless.
    I thought Twilight Princess was not as good as the others (sorry to the fans:()
    It borrowed music from loads of the other games, I think Kakariko was in a completely different place in comparison to Ocarina.
    Also, I found it slightly boring to play (for the Wii, anyway. :()

Edit: I completely forgot about A Link to the past! That could possibly be my second favourite. Its definitely up there. :D

Last edited:

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
  • My fave has to be Four Swords, because it's the first multi-palyer Zelda game.
    Sure, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are great, but seeing four Links fight each other to get the most Rupees while cooperating to save Zelda is so fun!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Ah man, it is so close for me. WW is great with the cartoon graphics dungeons and everything.
    OoT is great if you get you get your mind off the graphics.
    Majora's Mask had great sidequests, mainly getting masks, of course. The only thing that bugged me was when you had to protect the cows from aliens.
    Four Sword Adventure is a great multiplayer game. I play it all the time with my friends and it is really fun. My friends get jealous though because I was the best, and a little of the leader. I think I was always Shadow Link at the end ^^
    TP... Would've been my fav if it didn't miss this one thing: difficulty. The game had amazing graphics, story plot, music, everything, but it was way too easy.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • Majora's Mask, by far <3 I love that game to pieces. I guess I like it best because it has a lot of side/extra content, and doesn't feel as straight-forward in the story line. I love being able to stop playing the main story line and going to get a mask, it helps to break up the game :> And the story was amaaazing <33 I love the idea of the moon crashing into the town like that; and it's not just the main story line that was awesome, all the side stories were good too.

So yeah, Majora's Mask gets my vote <3

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ocarina of Time was the most epic, Twilight Princess was the most anticipated, and Wind Waker is the only one I've beaten. And the original is the original.

So obviously, my vote goes to Oracle of Ages.

Kidding.

My vote goes to the game that put 3D gaming on the spot:

Ocarina of Time.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • All/most of them are awesome games.

That said, Twilight Princess is at least 100 times better than any other Zelda game. Easily. The best in every department. Best story, best bosses, best dungeons, best original items, best graphics, best sound, best game mechanics...the list goes on. People knock on its difficulty, but COME ON. EVERY ZELDA GAME IS JUST AS EASY.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Majora's Mask, it's a game that keep getting better each time I play it. It is the darkest game of them all, the background history behind the shown plot is AMAZING, and the lack of save points make it a good challenge. The water dungeon there is probably the most annoying of all, specially if you aim for the fairies, and the last dungeon gets really hard with the time limit. Heck, only TP's sky dungeon got somewhat near to Stone Tower's annoyingless level.

Second would be WW, but MM is my really favourite <3

apolloman

Modern Looney
    Years
  • Majoras Mask al the way!!!! it was just so orginal and struck the perfect balance between plot and and gameplay. It was a welcome change to saving the princess and slaying gannon.
    My favourate part was being able 2 go back and beat all the boses again(the best was snowpoint temple) and we got to see alternate versions of all the old characters we fell in love with from OOT

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Im'a go with the obvious answer here, and vote for OoT.

I've never actually played MM, so I can't really judge whether or not it was better, but OoT was the first Zelda game I actually played through from start to finish, and damn..I have so many memories of that game.

...Darn Water Temple sucked so much T__T

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back