• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which?

which gen ii game was the best?

• gold

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • silver

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • crystal

Votes: 52 61.9%

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    seriously, why vote for gold or silver over crystal?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Even though I'm obsessed with Silver, silver, agnus, argent, whatever you wanna call it, Timbjerr has a point. How are Gold and Silver going to win over Crystal? -votes for Silver anyway-

I guess in that way.

But overall, the better game was Crystal because of the moving sprites, the Euisine storyline, the chasing Suicune around, the female character, etc. ...Yeah, my vote goes to Crystal.

UltimaWeapon

UltimaPoke
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2011
    I have a biased answer because I had Silver so...Silver.

Too bad my cartridge doesn't work anymore. =(

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I've gotta say Silver, the only thing I really noticed different about Crystal was the moving sprites, but now I look back on it and notice more things. But I really just don't like the whole Eusine and Suicune part of Crystal, so I prefer Gold and Silver more.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Well, I'd say Crystal is the best of the three, but I don't have it so it's Silver for me. :) Getting Lugia at an earlier level is probably why.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Crystal. Added female playable character, Eusine, PokeGear trainers who hand out evolution stones...

Only drawback is the lack of good Electric types early on since Mareep was taken out :/

Years
    It's close between Silver and Crystal, but Crystal because of the animation and gender choice features.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I say Crystal because of all those features---too bad there weren't running shoes, though.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Silver was a great game.

but it goes to Crystal. So many new features!
    I mainly loved the new bag. Ohhh how I couldn't stand the old one /:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Don't even get me STARTED on G/S/C. I can't choose between my babies!

But...
    I guess I would have to say Crystal. For that amazing new Silver quote whenever you fall into the hole in the burned tower. XD That was really, really funny. I remember when I first read that, I laughed my ass off. Happy memories!

Dragonfly Z

Frozen Soul
    Years
    I just love the originals G/S, but I like Silver even more.
    It was my first Pokemon game...
    Even when HG/SS comes out in the US, I'm getting SS. SILVER.
    I dislike Gold with great intensity. I have no clue why, though, it's the same thing.
    Crystal just has a gender choice and animated sprites, so I don't think that's much better...

So overall, SILVER! :)

Back