• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whick game takes the longest to complete?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I personally think 4th gen is too long. Is it because the region was just boring?

I think it's mainly because they tried to make an in depth storyline but added so much talking into it and cut scenes. A lot of DS games have voiced cut scenes, okay not a lot but there are some and I would have thought Nintendo would do it for a major series like Pokemon by now.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Emerald for me, I clocked in 200 hours before I beat the E4. Those contests are addicting xDD Platinum comes in 2nd. It was a good and long playthrough.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Frickin' DPP. It took FOREVER and it was less exciting than all the others.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Platinum. The game took forever for me to complete. By the time I actually completed it, I already went back to playing my old ones because the aforementioned was lasting too long. :-|

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    As per my reviews Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal for the Gameboy Colour.

Purely because there were sixteen gym badges to collect (Johto and Kanto)
    The three Legendary Dogs were very, very hard to track down and catch.
    And the Final Battle took forever to train for.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yeah. This is only one day off from the revival, but I think I'll just let it slide. Next time, please don't post in thread over a month old. Always check the last post. Thanks!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well as many people have said, Johto takes the longest to complete. By complete I mean go through all of the "Storyline".

I do agree though that Sinnoh felt very slow. It had to many mazes and not enough plot time. It was also hard to find specific people needed to continue. You also forget to go to places you passed before, which is annoying when you don't have "Fly".

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    For me Pearl was the longest game to complete.It almost took 50 hours to finish this game for the first time.As this game took a lot time to finish,I was really frustrated and thought not to further go for this game and to left this game in between.But then I stick to it and finally found interesting and finished up with it.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
    Actually for me, Pokemon Pearl was the hardest. Mainly because I noticed it takes forever to raise Pokemons levels, and they dont become as strong as they could be. So I had to rebreed my team and try to raise them a tad better. And then since the Elite Four was such a pain, not to mention the subcontinent to explore afterwards, I had to train even more. Gold and Silver are indeed shorter than they appear to be. If you pay attention, the gym leaders/elite four's level range is 7-56ish, so they are much weaker than any other generation. So you could breeze through the game much quicker than the others, where the gym leader/e4 ranges from 12-66 (Platinum) or 12-65 (R/B/Y). My team was all level 47 and my starter was at 50 when I took on the Elite four, and I took out most of them just using my Espeon. Kanto will be an absolute breeze for me. So yeah Id say the fourth gen games are the longest.
    Still waiting on the game where they include ALL regions...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well for me it probably would have been Ruby. It was the first pokemon game I played, I got lost sometimes (especially in the cave in Dewford Town!), then I had a hard time beating May at Slateport City, and it was killer trying to beat the Elite Four. After that I'd say Emerald cause I was aiming to complete the national dex, then Silver/Crystal and finally Leafgreen (started w/ bulbasaur, elite 4 were hard since I was underleveled, and sevii islands were more boring than fun).

Pearl was actually the fastest I've ever gotten through a pokemon game. I got it the sunday it came out, caught Palkia by that tuesday night, and beat the elite four friday afternoon. The pokemon games I've played the longest would definitely be Ruby, Emerald, and Pearl. I got over 200 hours in on Ruby and right now at 180 on Pearl.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    For me it was definately Pokemon Red, I could never get past the elite four when I was younger as I had no idea what "grinding" was back then, It took me weeks to get past the elite four, the longest I've ever spent on a Pokemon game.

Back