• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Actually Isn't That Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Me. HG/SS was disappointing in some way. (AND YES I DID OVERPLAY THE SECOND GEN LIKE ANY OTHER OF YOU)

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Personally I don't feel as attached to these two new games as I did to D/P/Pl earlier when they were introduced. It's just that occasionally it feels like the feeling and the passion of making new pokémons and games are gone and these are made just because some fans want so desperately something new to play with. I'm not saying that I wouldn't want a new area and a whole new bunch of pokémons to train with but there shouldn't be any rush. It's delicant art when creating a new region with new characters and over 100 new pokémons so why not take some more time and finish it well then? If we check other pokémon games placed in Johto or Kanto we can see that they've really poured their souls out into those pokémons and made it work but ever since Hoenn was introduced they have just started to rush too much with these things. It may be that I just haven't grown into these new games yet but at the moment I'm not even sure do I want to see what kind of creatures they've come up with. :P

Years
    I was really hoping to hate it and the starters helped my animosity but then Who Actually Isn't That Excited? came out and Im having a hard time ignoring it.

But people tell the truth, dont the main legends look like greek gods the legendaries are getting out of control.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i am overly excited!
    new challenges, new pokemon to make new teams with, new strategy is needed, and more chances to kick some noob but on wi-fi with my Lv. 100 charizard.

Years
    Actually, I'm not excited about this game for some reasons:
    1. I don't own a DS. Lack of money. Must get a real job lol.
    2. Playing it on emulator... It would be hard and monotonous and maybe there would be a game crashes like I had in HG/SS
    3. I even haven't played HG/SS properly, because of game crashes.
    4. The new generation again...? These new Pokemon look so much weirder for me now.

Also that's why I'm avoiding threads about Black & White. Not interested. Just waiting for it to test it, that's all.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    But people tell the truth, dont the main legends look like greek gods the legendaries are getting out of control.

No, because the Greek Gods are humanoid in appearance, not draconic

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    when the first released the starters i was disgusted, i finally started to get used to them and then they released the next wave and i felt except for the aligator they all look like a bowl of fail, espically gear and that gay pink floral patterened thing (PS i thought drowzee was the dream eater) every time i start to get used to the creatures they release more that look terrible, (luvdisc evo and that scouting gopher, fail) team plasma look like crap as well, we have yet to see a third of the pokes and except for wargle and the aligator the game looks terrible. i keep trying to look for a bright side like mabey they are showing the crappy pokes first but if u look at some of the fake pokes that artists made u see how much better a job that random people could do.
    i feel that a great soulution would be if gamefreaks accept creations from the internet in a post ur own pokemon tournament and let pokemon players create the pokes they would want in the game. then gamefreaks should choose 150 and use them. sorry to troll so hard but this is how i truely feel

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Reasons I'm excited:

Pokabu
    Mijumaru
    Hihidaruma
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Shimama
    Meguroko
    Koromori
    Kibago
    Minezumi
    Wooguru
    Ononokusu
    Mijumaru's evolution sketch
    Zoroark
    Victini's typing
    The chance that the other 100+ new Pokemon will be awesome

Reasons I'm not excited:

No more Pokeathlon
    No more lead Pokemon walking with us
    The other Pokemon other than those I've listed above (although there's always some I don't like, every Generation)
    Not particularly liking the 3D graphics
    Not particularly liking the setting (too grey)
    Not particularly liking the cut scenes (too cliché)

Years
    • wi
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I've got mixed feelings.. Like i'm not sure if this will work out. Some things seem promising, and i thought the D/P pokemon looked odd when i first saw them. SO :/ i'm just not sure.

The starters are growing on me, I don't really like the water one. The grass one is okay. I think the fire pig fits though. Some of the other pokemon, though... I don't know.

Well regardless i'm sure i will get it.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    I know that a bunch of people are going to quote me and say "no its difrent did tiem!111!!111" but you guys say this every generation. I love the new Pokemon and features, except for Gochiruzeru ad Miruhoguu ( I mean COME on!). I'm excited, but I'm one of those people who gets very very excited over video games (should have seen seen the wait for SMG2 0_0).

~Prof. W.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I was really excited for 4th gen, but right now it's at the point where it 5th gen was canceled, I'd be like, "Oh, dang, that's a shame. Sucks, man." But I wouldn't really be affected either way. The biggest problem I guess is that the Pokemon games never keep my interest, because for me, the replay value is so low. Beat the E4, and I might as well turn it into Gamestop right there.

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    I am hating this crappy generation so far. Stupid pokemon, stupid characters, stupid features, stupid attacks, stupid everything. Adding an extra pokemon to battles, that's the best they could do?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    @Charizarddomination. you are really really a pessimst. I mean stop calling them stupid just because you dont like anything. maybe say something like that you dislike them because "insert reason".

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    @Charizarddomination. you are really really a pessimst. I mean stop calling them stupid just because you dont like anything. maybe say something like that you dislike them because "insert reason".
    Im no pessimist I just want them to make kickass games like Blue again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back