• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Are You Favourite Actors and Actresses?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    There's always a paticular character that stands out in our eyes when it comes to film or in fact sitcoms. But what it takes to make a great character, is a great actor/actress. Without them, they would never come to life.
    So, who is your favourite actor or actress? Fell free to name a couple of films or sitcoms in which they appeared in and how it reflects upon your judgement of their acting ability.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Well I love Johnny Depp, and it was pretty much his character Jack Sparrow who made me like him. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies were what really made people KNOW who Johnny Depp is, so I guess it's because of that. If he had never taken the role I wouldn't know or care who he is now. Plus, he plays really eccentric characters. I think a lot of people hold that against him for some reason, but if you think about it, you have to be a great actor to play such strange characters.

I also really like television actors because I watch so much TV. Jonathan Togo is the biggest one, probably. That man must be in movies someday, he's such an amazing actor, but only fans of CSI: Miami would really know that. And in my opinion (because I'm a giant fan of that show...) he doesn't get to show off his acting ability enough on the show, since he has to share screentime with so many other characters. If he ever decides to leave CSI: Miami, I REALLY hope he tries out something else so his fans aren't left with nothing. ^_^

Doodle~Pichu

The Unusual Person
    Years
    hmm..Gabrielle Union, Matthew Mcconaughey, Owen Wilson...I can't think of many. I just watch the movie and not pay attention to the people who are playing the roles. o3o

Years
    I really can't say why I like particular actors except to say that I think they're really good actors from what I've seen and I'll consider seeing movies/tv shows that I might otherwise avoid if one of their names is attached to it.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Some actors stick out to me, I have a 'connection' with some actors.
    I seem to judge actors/actress(Ill refer to it as actors) by their voice and looks a lot.
    I seem to like:
    Ellen Paige: She is beautiful and has a great talking voice
    Michelle Rodriguez: Whenever I see a film with her in it I absolutely fall in love with the character she plays. She has a nice figure, and I love her voice!
    Logan Lerman: Lets not forget the greatest one here! Logan Lerman, although Im not VERY HUGE on him, I saw Lightning Thief and fell in love with the actor(not literally).

Ayselipera

Why am I discovering all these threads now? D:

I really liked the old Johnny Depp who was in movies like Blow and I think the Secret Window. I don't really care for his newer roles like, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Alice in Wonderland. It just seems like he's playing the same role over and over.

I also really like Samuel L. Jackson. and Morgan Freeman. There is something so distinct about their overall appearance and voices that I really enjoy. They add a distinctness to the movies that they're in that I find so appealing.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    My favourite actor has got to be Logan Lerman. He's adorable! Ever since I went to see The Lightning Theif I've fallen in love with him. <3

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, no i have so many favs it's not funny. um Will Smith, Samuel L Jackson, Mike Myers, Stephen Fry, Catherin Tate, Whoopi Goldberg, Sasha Baron Cohen

Last edited:
    Years
    My all time favorite actor has got to be David Tennant.
    He is bloody amazing. ^w^
    I also love the show that made him famous!
    Doctor who!~
    And he acts really good in Hamlet to...
    And in St. Trinnians 2!
    He is the best actor EVAH! >:D

And another actor I really like is Robert Downey Jr.
    I've only seen him act in Iron man (I've watched the movie four times... ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT.) And he does a great job too.
    8DDDD

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    I just watched some movies. I think Jim Carrey is so overrated, Adam Samdler is way better than him.

Jado

Two cookies for Dane <3
    Years
    Actors:

Hugh Laurie
    Stephen Moyer
    Jason Isaacs
    Johnny Depp
    Christopher Lee
    Alan Rickman
    Nelsan Ellis
    Ryan Kwanten
    Hugh Jackman
    Robert Sean Leonard
    Michael C. Hall

Actresses:

Jessica Lange
    Alice Ripley
    Gabourey Sidibe
    Anna Paquin
    Lisa Edelstein
    Helena Bonham Carter
    Rutina Wesley
    Deborah Ann Woll

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    There are various actors that I think are unforgettable.
    Some notable ones are Mickey Rooney, Dick Van Dyke, Christopher Lloyd, Gilbert Gottfried, John Goodman, Patrick Warburton, Jerry Seinfield, and lets not forget Mel Blanc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    Sam Rockwell

Continues to be in some of the most important films to date, and certainly will have many good eggs in his basket in the years to come.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Frost / Nixon
    Choke
    Moon

And is in the upcoming Iron Man 2.

Clint Eastwood

He's about to enter his eightieth year of being on the planet Earth. Some of his most important work as an actor has been accomplished the past decade. I do believe his existence in Hollywood has been more good than lots. (Sorry for the misstep. I have grammar like Tom Cruise acts.)

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
    Gran Turino
    Flags of Our Fathers
    Letters from Iwo Jima
    Million Dollar Baby

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I love Raven, Kirstie Alley, Hayden Panettiere, Queen Latifah, Anna Paquin and Milo Ventimiglia. Just so name afew.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    "Clint Eastwood

He's about to enter his eightieth year of being on the planet Earth. Some of his most important work as an actor has been accomplished the past decade. I do believe his existence has been trivial to Hollywood's success."

Major lulz. And here I was thinking that Final Fantasy fanboys failed the most.

Anyway:

Tom Cruise
    Christian Bale
    Hugo Weaving

Natalie Portman

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    "Clint Eastwood

He's about to enter his eightieth year of being on the planet Earth. Some of his most important work as an actor has been accomplished the past decade. I do believe his existence has been trivial to Hollywood's success."

Major lulz. And here I was thinking that Final Fantasy fanboys failed the most.

Anyway:

Tom Cruise
    Christian Bale
    Hugo Weaving

Natalie Portman
    What's wrong with what I said? Or is it that Eastwood hasn't been in a comic book movie? Ugh.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    my favorite actor would be Adam Baldwin.
    he plays Jayne Cobb on Firefly. and John Casey on Chuck.

Back