• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you going to play as?

Years
  • I'm playing as a male. His name is not going to be 'Hipsta' in Pokémon Sun and Moon though. I decided to call my character Tren the 20th anniversary shorten form to 'Trendy' that and I want it to sound like more of actual name in-game.

I want my character to have a bit of me and his own personality.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Male since I am male...

Probably name him something cool or cliche'd this time... Or since it's the anniversary 20th of R/B/G I'll use the first name I used... Grey... sounds dumb I know XD

Or I can just whimp out and name him Cid like I always do... *sigh*

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Male. I always choose my own gender if it's an option in games so I feel more like I'm the character.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Male for Moon then possibly female for Sun. I'm happy with the extensive character customization for these games, I just reaally don't like the designs of either protagonists standard design.

Years
  • I'm playing as the female protagonist like I always do, since I'm female myself. Also, I actually don't mind her hat because I think she's really cute.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • It's kinda odd for my choice as the starter I decide will affect which gender I choose, in my case: boy for Decidueye | girl for Primarina (not hate for Incineroar but... oh well)

So probably male for me since I'm a big fan of Decidueye right now while I like the cry of Primarina...

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Male, as that's what I am. But like in all previous games, on subsequent playthroughs I might choose the girl because sometimes it's nice to mix it up a bit. I nearly always call myself my real name unless I'm playing as the female protagonist, in which case I just choose a name that I like.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I always play male on my first run through of a generation. (or if I'm playing a remake)

If there's another set of games set in Alola I'll probably play as a female character.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Male since I am male...

Probably name him something cool or cliche'd this time... Or since it's the anniversary 20th of R/B/G I'll use the first name I used... Grey... sounds dumb I know XD

Or I can just whimp out and name him Cid like I always do... *sigh*

Be proud of your name! Names can be pretty powerful! Don't ask me how, but trust me. Your name is yours!

I'm naming mine Knyte of course! Why? I'm male and I wanna be fashionable in game. And for a lot of reasons I will not place here. Haha When I get Sun, I'll name whatever default name the female gets! (Hopefully Selene!) I'm picking female because I'm using male in my main run. hopefully I don't take a while getting a new 3ds though (mine's broken so I gotta get a new one)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm male, so I'm going with a male character. I hope at least that we can modify the character, because I find that the character in the demo we play with has a blow up face. I would prefer that we could play with Red or blue, they've got a cool design.

Years
  • I'm male, so I'm going with a male character. I hope at least that we can modify the character, because I find that the character in the demo we play with has a blow up face. I would prefer that we could play with Red or blue, they've got a cool design.

It has been confirmed trainer customization is returning, and appears to have more options than what we had in X/Y.

Years
  • Ahahahaha. Ha. I think I might actually roll with the female protagonists this time around. I had both X & Y last time so I was able to be both, but I might only pick up one of them this time. I might Replay the game more than a few times, banking Pokémon as I go along restarting it.

Years
  • I'm playing as the female as I always do, I love the design and am one of the few who thinks the hat is great. I'll be naming my character Reyes which is my last name. I was thinking about name her Timotei, after that one shower scene in Lucky Star. It's kind of become a thing in my household so I thought that would be cool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Like most others, I'll choose the character of my own gender. I guess it helps project yourself into the game a bit more.

Back