• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you going to play as?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • Usually start with the male character for the first couple playthroughs, but they made the female protagonist just too damn cute this time; the adorable Z-move dances are really hard to resist.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'll be playing as a female. My name will probably be Luna in-game since that's what I went by in ORAS as well.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    I'll be playing as the dude since from what I've seen in some of the promotional materials and leaks, he may finally get some decent clothing options for once, unlike the Kalos counterpart.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2016
    Male because I'm a male, I've never really considered playing as the female.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I might wait to decide. Since customisation is back, if the male character gets some good clothes this time I might use him. I'll probably play as a girl again though...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'm planning on choosing chicken-chan the female protag, simply because her design is actually quite cute. Gamefreak really amped the moe factor this gen.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Female, both because I am female and I really like the female character design this generation (also, so excited for customization again!). I usually play as a girl because I just feel like I can immerse myself in the game more easily.

I also find the male character this gen to be really... boring for some reason, I dunno.

Back