• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you spending the holidays with this year?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Sadly, just a few months ago, at Halloween Eve (Oct 30), my girlfriend of 2 and half years just called it quits between us so now I'm just a ronerly darn NEET and I'm just spending my time cleaning up most of my waifus in physical form figurines and stuff at home.

With the girlfriend gone, I'm not entirely sure who to spend the holidays with this time around. Celebrating with family is already a common (and at times required) practice in our country (Philippines) so that answer in my cultural context is already quite ubiquitous. I'm trying to contact some of my friends (gaming buddies, college people, heck even former high school friends) for some "get-togethers" and what not, probably play some League, PS3, and go out partying before Christmas Day.

Ok i sounded a bit bitter here. As if anyone really reads each others posts in this thread that is ;))))

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I'll be spending the holidays with my family and friends. We're going to be having a birthday party on Christmas Eve (my birthday) and on Christmas. I'm really excited to see everyone again.

Years
    Definitely some time with my parents and grandmother, just as I always do. However, it could be possible that maybe my brother and his fiancee will visit us as well, but not so sure on that. xD

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
    Christmas Dinner with my mother and my grandparents, then the rest of the day with more family/family friends. More of a reserved Christmas than we usually have, but I'm actually really looking forward to it.

I was gonna spend it with my boyfriend and his parents but we broke up about a month and a half ago. dodged a bullet there tbh

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'm actually having quite a surgery a week prior to Christmas, so I might be out of commission. I do plan on seeing Star Wars with my family on Christmas Eve though!

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Friends and immediate family, for the most part.

I imagine i'll probably be seeing most of my aunts, uncles, cousins and the kids at some point over the holidays.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Going to spend a majority of my winter break from university with my mother and brother in Virginia. I do want to spend a little time in New York City first; around my birthday.

Years
    We plan to throw a party with family and very close friends, then spend some time together. Everything has been hectic lately especially over the past month, so I'm definitely looking forward to winding down with some food and karaoke.

Reactions: Sun

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'll be spending my Christmas with the awesome staff at the Quality Suites At Carolina Place Mall in Pineville, NC; and having my Christmas dinner at the Pineville IHOP next door.
    Who are you spending the holidays with this year?

Going to see my parents in New York is not cost effective, and then there's the risk of inclement New York weather delaying my return to North Carolina, which is not an option since I have an anime convention that starts on New Year's Eve that I must have time to prepare for.

Seeing extended family in South Carolina is no longer an option, considering all the bull crap I had to put up with by spending Thanksgiving with them.

(And I can finally check "Spend Christmas at a Quality Inn" off of my bucket list)

Before Christmas Day, I do have two Christmas parties I'll be going to, one held by the local anime club, and the other held by the heads of the anime conventions that I've staffed at this year.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Just going to spend it with friends and family as usual, which I really enjoy. I've never spent a Christmas alone; it's good to catch up with friends and fam. I think that's what Christmas is all (or at least a big chunk of it) is about.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    Probably just with my family :) maybe with family friends too, not sure at the moment.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'll be with my dad, grandma and great grandma on christmas day, and then christmas night I'll be working. And then the day after christmas I'll be going to my mom's. And maybe sometime during the week leading up to christmas I'll go spend time with friends.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    My mom, dad, brother, boyfriend and his family, we'll all be having a big holiday bash! We'll spend Christmas eve with our respective families and meet Christmas day for presents and food. I'm excited because I couldn't spend Christmas with my family last year and this year they're flying up to Washington to see me.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Heading up to see family. Different from usual because now I actually have to go to said family to meet them.

Usual plan for Christmas day is to visit family relatives/friends in Sydney for a large lunch. Always great eating involved there. =)

Years
    My cats, my brother, my best friend, pizza and Doctor Who!

Then dinner at my dad's on the Sunday and probably tea with cousins at some point.

Years
    I'm not entirely sure who yet, but I get the feeling it'll be with my husband's relatives. I wouldn't be surprised if others are going to try to push for that since most of us here didn't go there for Thanksgiving.

Meh.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Just my mom, dad, our two small dogs and a stupid idiot of a cat hehe. c: The rest of my family still lives in Maine and what not. It's okay though because lately, I've never really liked being around a huge amount of people though. I like it better when it's my currently small family. ^w^

Back