• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who are you/will you be using for Surf?

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
  • Omega Rubin was strange because this is like the first game where I didn't have room for an hm slave. This is because I've assembled my team early on (via the wonders of Pokemon Bank). On Y I got a shiny Mudkip via Wondertrade (seems perfectly legit...I sure hope the trader in question liked my EM Dream Ball Ponyta) and used this as my water Pokemon straight from the beginning (well, as soon as I got to the first Pokemon center). So my surfer is my (now) Swampert.
    I keep meaning to try out Sharpedo, but...well I'd have to train it first.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I might teach my Milotic surf, since it's a decent water type move in battle, but I have a 5 Pokemon team and a permanent space for an hm slave. I have a heracross for rock smash, cut, and strength (plus secret power), and I'll use a Walmer for the other water hms (dive and waterfall), but I'm not sure what happens when you dive if one pokemon knows surf and a different one knows dive...

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I've been using the Sharpedo from the Aqua grunt. It really helps out when I'm collecting flags. Although I recently hit 1000+ flags, so I probably won't be doing much of that anymore...

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Currently I've been switching my Surfing user from Linoone to Sharpedo, which I got from the Aqua grunt. It's pretty decent because it's one of the fastest surfer around.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2015
    I use Sharpedo as an HM slave. It can learn all water HM's as well as Strength and Rock Smash. It's also fast which I like because anything under the mach bike speed annoys me

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I will be using my Latias on my AS playthrough, even with my Swampert (all physical set for him).

On my OR game, I currently have Linoone as a HM Slave, packing Cut, Rock Smash, Strength and Surf

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2015
    Got me that HM Slave Zigzagoon at the start in AS.

I'm going to try not to use an HM Slave for my OR run if I do it normally though. May have to if I do something like a solo play through or nuzlocke of some sort.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I have just been using my Greninja for surf xD It was the only water type I had available to use for surf. At some point I'll probably switch it for another pokemon so I can teach it better moves.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Used Zigzagoon from start to finish since I was only doing a solo run in Omega Ruby.

Yeeeeeeeeah!

For Alpha Sapphire, I might have Ludicolo for Surf since I'm planning on a Grass mono team.

Reactions: dad

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    right now its lombre (my hm slave) but i might teach it to my whiscash whenever i catch a shiny barboach. i think lombre is pretty good for teaching everything, i think he knows strength, rock smash, surf and dive.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Swampert is my go-to surfer as it is a part of my team now. However, if I acquire Waterfall, I think I'll be going with it on my Swampy and give Surf to Wailmer as an HM Slave.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    I use a heliolisk competitively and for surfing. I still need a sharpedo though, I love that pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I used Milotic but after I beat the game, I switch between Sharpedo for speed and Kyogre because I like its overworld model.

Years
  • My shiny Milotic, Erishana, is my surfing Pokémon =) she was actually the first Pokémon I raised to lvl 100 in Alpha Sapphire as well ^^

Years
  • My Swampert will do! I usually give Surf to all water starters since their special attack is not that bad

I'm kinda in the same situation as this, given the Swampert I'm using has a +Sp. Atk nature, making me go down a more mixed route with him. I may end up switching the moveset once I get access to Lilycove's Move Deleter though.

Last edited:
    Back