• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who Are Your Favourite Characters in Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Favorite Gym Leaders/Elite Four:

Flannery
Sabrina
Lance

Favorite Regular Characters:

Ash
Drew
May
Misty

I like Team Rocket too... Well Jessie, James and Domino at least.

Yep yep... theres mine, in more organized list.

Last edited:
Years
I actually like all of them. But Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) and Masato (Max) are probably the first two on my list.

(Sorry. ^^; It's a habit of putting the English names in () because a lot of the forums I go on, most people don't know their Japanese names.)

Karrit

Vulpix Master
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
Anime: Brock, May
Game: FR/LG Female Trainer (I call her Bella), R/S/E Female Trainer (May, but I call her Kara)

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Humans:

Ash-Brave, cool, loyal to his friends, and a sweetie to his Pokemon.
Brock-Laugh out loud funny, plus he sings wonderfully!

Pokemon:

Pikachu-Cute and strong!
Torchic-See above
Treecko-Cool and powerful!

Yggdrasill-sama

Disappear into nothingness
Years
RocketCat said:
My absolute favorite is James (hence my avatar!). I've been obsessed with him for the longest time now xD There's so many reasons I love him, just the way he acts and his voice (I guess I'm odd since I know a lot of people don't prefer Eric Stuart's voicing of him, but I do!).
You're not odd by any means. I <3 James' dub voice.

Anyway, my favorite characters are:

James - Funny, charming, elegant, sweet, caring, submissive, loyal, naive, and drop dead sexy (especially in drag). What's there not to like? Also, I find his backstory to be quite interesting and love the character development he's been given throughout the course of the series.

Professor Oak - A dirty old man who frequently scowls and performs genetic experiments on Pokemon. He plain rocks :D

Gary - He's such an arrogent SOB. I like him :)

Jessie - Her *****iness makes me laugh XD

Meowth - Hehe. I get a kick out of his wisecracks.

JAG

Years
1.) Kanon/Bianca - She's Cute.
2.) Kasumi/Misty - My First Love.
3.) Shigeru/Gary - Really Cool.
4.) Natsume/Sabrina - Cute and Cool.

Years
Well, in the game, my favorites are, well, no one in particular. Actually, that wierd girl in Saffron City who pretends to be Ash...

...which is wierd, because Duplica is my favorite character in the anime, and she spends her time dressing up as others, along with her Ditto.
Also in the anime, I like:
Flannery
Brock
Misty
Misty's rival with the Golduck
Professor Oak
Ash's mother

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
*points to custom title* Bill. I know it sounds weird, but he's got a fangirl. And it's not because of the English accent, either. It's because I've spent a couple of years studying his character, and from what I've learned, he's actually deeper than he looks -- even moreso than Ash. His personality actually has several facets to it, ranging from the obvious (eccentric intellect portrayed in every version) to the subtle (slight cynic in at least Adventures and, on a level, the anime). He's very human (as in, not as much of a flat character as is other members of the supporting cast), and with a little analysis, it's not actually that hard to see.

That and I find him to be cute and funny in a clumsy geek sort of way.

Other than Bill, I'm also very fond of James (because, even after countless seasons, he still finds ways to entertain me as the seemingly least enthusiastic member of the Rocket Trio), Tate (anime-verse, for being adorable), Giovanni (because no one can go wrong with a man of power like him), Celio (for being just as geeky-cute as Bill), Lanette (same reason), and first-season Misty (because, really, she used to be an awesome character who could be seen as a role model for girls... until Togepi latched onto her).

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
I like Winona, mainly because she uses Flying type Pokemon and I think her outfit is pretty cute. XD; I also like Misty in both the anime and the games. I love her fiery personality and the fact she uses my favorite type of Pokemon - Water. 8D

~Kelsey

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2006
*grins*
Has to be Tracey...He has been my favorite since he appeared...I like the cute misunderstood characters!
also I like Misty...but when she had that fiery temper and kicked Ash's butt :3
Ash mainly because he's really grown up latley and not very annoying anymore
I used to hate Brock...but his endless struggle to get girls way out of his league really makes me giggle now

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Humans
Ai – My favorite character by far. It's a shame that she seems go unnoticed, even by the Mewtwo fans. Yes, on the surface she appears to be a bland character, but there is much more to her. She had wisdom beyond her years ("Life is wonderful…"), was selfless, devoted, and warm-hearted. (Oddly enough, she's the only character who I call by the Japanese name.)

Ash – He's spirited, ambitious and compassionate. Unlike other heroes in stories, he is far from perfect. He has his faults, such as getting cocky at times. I like that he is an approachable character.

Melody – I love that she's a priestess! (I forgot her actual title.) I've always been a sucker for priestesses/oracles/etc.

Sabrina – I don't know why I like her. I just…do.

Molly – Here is a child who was tormented by losing her parents, caused turmoil, and ultimately took the responsibility to fix the situation.

Miyamoto – I don't like her as much as I used to, but…eh… she's funny nonetheless. I think it's the purple hair. I love purple hair on bishies.

Domino – Being a Mewtwo fan, I should hate her, but I don't o_o In fact, I don't know why I even like her.

Aaron – Aaron is a lot like Ash. He is another hero, but still has faults. His faults are not as apparent as Ash's, though. Anyway, I like Aaron a lot, and I think it's influenced by the fact that I adore Lucario.

Pokémon
Mew (8th movie) - Okay, I'm sort of biased here. I have been a Mew fan since 1998, so it was only natural for me to like the 8th movie Mew. Without getting into too much detail, I ended up liking this Mew more than the one from MSB. I realized that the one from MSB really didn't DO anything. It said something harsh to Mewtwo and than fought him, but that's it. The 8th movie Mew, though, just seemed more… important.

Mewtwo – I think I'm the only person who prefers Mewtwo when he was a child over his adult form. While I must admit that I AM drawn to Mewtwo's philosophies, it gets old after a while. But young!Mewtwo is so innocent, curious, and so on.

Lucario – He's like Mewtwo but not quite as angsty.

Pikachutwo/AKA Pikachu's clone – He's spunky :3

Ash's Pokémon - They all have distinctive, interesting personalities. I'd talk about all of them but I'd be here forever, so...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back