• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen who better latios or latias?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    personally don't really like them both o.o; so far none of them survived against Clefable (unless it has soul dew and Clefable is damaged already).

DarkAnubisX

Rare hunter
    Years
    i think the latios is better and all, cause he looks so cool lolz, anyhow yahh it just soo cool, not as cool as absol though...............GO ABSOL

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Latias allways caught me in, it looks more welcoming then it's brother, but as in terms of moves and such they are about the same.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Latios and Latias have more differences than that... x_x; Btw, go burn the official guide or sell it back to wherever you got it. In terms of Pokemon, unofficial > official

Latios and Latias's offensive and defensive stats are flipped around. Latios have base 130 sp.atk and 110 sp.def, while Latias have 110 sp.atk and 130 sp.def. Atk and Def are flipped around in the same manner.

Some moves are slightly different. For example, Latios get dragon dance, memento, and luster purge, while Latias get wish, charm and Mist ball.

(note: luster purge and mist ball maybe signature moves, but psychic > both of them.)

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
    i personally like latios better and the only reason for that is i think luster purge is cooler than mist ball

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
    GlockStopper, its against the rules to use a bunch of punctuation marks to bypass the 25 character rule. just be careful next time, OK? (u may get ni trouble from the mods). I like Latias better, cause it can withstand a hit, enabling u to take a hit, (as long as it isn't physical and isn't SE), calm mind, recover, calm mind, recover, calm mind, recover, calm mindx2, recover, calm mind and now u don't have to worry bout healing cause all attacks will OHKO.

GlockStopper

why cant i kill pokemon
    Years
    Blitz said:
    GlockStopper, its against the rules to use a bunch of punctuation marks to bypass the 25 character rule. just be careful next time, OK? (u may get ni trouble from the mods). I like Latias better, cause it can withstand a hit, enabling u to take a hit, (as long as it isn't physical and isn't SE), calm mind, recover, calm mind, recover, calm mind, recover, calm mindx2, recover, calm mind and now u don't have to worry bout healing cause all attacks will OHKO.
    i answered the question so why should i have to type a bunch more to make it 25 charachters

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    im always mixed but i like the red one

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 7, 2005
    Statistically, Latios is better. However, Latias is much more..personable? or should i say, pokemonable.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    *points to his second post in this thread*

Latios and Latias are exactly alike except for the appearance and everything mentioned in that post.

Back