• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who bought pokemon black expecting to get zekrom?

So to make this easier to count, did ya? (for black or white)

• Total voters

Gou

Whine and Cheese
Years
  • The same goes with white and reshiram, I just noticed that on the website that there were more registered players of black at the time than white

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • But it shows who's in each game on the cover? I'm confused. How did you do not realize that he wasn't in Black?

Pingouin_7

I'm going to go and say the same thing as GStheHero.

How can you buy Black thinking you will get Zekrom when it clearly shows Reshiram on the box?

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012
    I thought it was a little strange that Reshiram wasn't in White, but I'd been keeping up with updates and the such before it was released, so I knew which Pokémon was exclusive to which game. Really, though, which legendary Pokémon is in which game is kind of staring you in the face as soon as you pick the box up, as with nearly every other Pokémon game.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Common since would tell you the version exclusive was on the cover of the game. Yes the Black legend should probably be on Black version but it's not. To answer your question I already knew which legend was on which game.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • No, I searched information for which game gets what, so I bought Black to get the Reshiram I wanted. C:
    But yeah... The cover shows the mascot, so...

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Well, I was expecting Black to have Zekrom and White to Reshi, but I can see on the cover, like everyone is saying, which game has which. =/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I was expecting Black to have Zekrom and White to have Reshiram, so I originally went for White first. But when Reshiram was shown to be on Black, I changed my mind.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • i actually found out which version had which legendary by watching youtube videos of the japanese version of the games.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I bought the games, I thought you'd be able to get the other legendary to the one on the box in the after game, but it wasn't really a big deal that you couldn't. Especially since I bought both lol

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Common since would tell you the version exclusive was on the cover of the game. Yes the Black legend should probably be on Black version but it's not. To answer your question I already knew which legend was on which game.
    Pretty much what Kenshin stated. Not to mention, before the games were released in Japan and the US, I was keeping up with the updates to some of the details about the games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It makes it better because those who wanted to go for Black but Zekrom had to get White and vice versa, nice mix up IMO

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • I always thought Nintendo were crafty making the opposite-color main lengendary be the one you catch in the version.

But then again, it makes nice contrast, and it'd probably be more confusing if Pokemon Black had a white background with the only indication that it's Black Version being Zekrom, and having White Version having a black background with the white Reshiram on the cover to give it a hint.

But then again, you could always just read the title of which one it is on the cover and search bulbapedia what's located in what.

Just sayin'.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • since a few days after they were revealed to the public we all new that they were the mascots for the game opposite of there colors.
    so no, i didnt mistake them.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • Well, the Pokemon did work exceeding well with the cover designs. Although I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom, I bought White pretty much knowing I wasn't going to get it.

Years
  • i try not to expect to get anything with these pokemon games. chances are, i'll never get the pokemon i REALLY want anyway because there are just too many of them.

Back