• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I'm surprised that most trainers voted for Turtwig. It's the only one out of these three that I don't actually like (the looks of it).

Usually I chose Piplup because it is cute and it's final evolution, Empoleon, can wall many things.
    But this time I chose Chimchar, urgh.. Didn't even train it until it's final evo. I'm so cruel 0_0

Wish I could start over with a Piplup without loosing all of my pokemon T_T

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I chose Piplup, the only time I've actually gotten somewhere in the game.

All the times I've only been playing the start half-heartedly, I've chosen Chimchar. So I wanted a bit of a change :p

I like Chimchar better though. Fight + Fire rocks.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I always chose Piplup.

But atmo i have a Monferno on Diamond, and on Platinum i have Torterra (but, seriously, c'mon!!a grass/ground turtle???)

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    i started wit piplup cause hes the best one to start of wit and pikin the fire starter was so way in r/b/y days i decided to change

Years
    Although I was planning to choose Piplup in my Platinum version, I ended up picking Chimchar instead. o3o I have no clue why, though. Maybe it's 'cause I can identify most with Fire-types. ♥

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    i have started out with all three at various points, the first one was chimchar because he was freaking adorable, and because blaziken was teh ub3r starter in R/S/E! then piplup next because he is equally freaking adorable. and then turtwig but i got bored with him before valley windworks

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Piplup. Empoleon has an easy time going through the game with it's what... 2 weaknesses? Anti-poison, too.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Pearl: Piplup
    Platinum: Turtwig

I prefer Turtwig and Piplup and their evolutions over Chimchar, since they can actually take a few hits.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Piplup, of course! I'm so obsessed with Piplup, and I'll never make it evolve!!!

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I chose chimchar, it is very easy to train, and i already used the other two starters on Diamond and Pearl

Back