• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Pearl - Pipulp and then i got a Chimchar from my brother
    Platinum - Turtwig because that was my only real choice

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Piplup cuz I hate monkeys. Second of all Primape and mankey may be monkeys but they don't look like monkeys. 3 I am no fire type fan (Piplup is the best water type starter treecko is the best grass type and cyndaquil is the best fire type.)

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Chimchar, because he evolves into Infernape. :D Infernape is the fastest Fire-type and the fastest Fighting-type Pokémon, with a base speed of 108. He can be quite the sweeper, and has a GREAT move pool. :] Not to mention, in my oppinion, he's the coolest looking one. XD
    True infernape is the fastest fire type but then again give sceptile some credit and P.S Earthquake is basically a one hit KO on infernape no offense but this is another reason why infernape is my least favorite starter invented

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I like Infernape because I like fire and fighting types. I was at the E4 in Diamond, Infernape was lvl 60, all my other pokes at lvl 30 and below XD

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I chose Piplup but only by default, all starters this generation are pretty awful.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2010
    I chose Piplup the first time, Turtwig the second, and I'm about to restart the game and choose Chimchar :]

Sir Sterling

The Knight in Shining Silver
    Years
    Piplup was my choice. None of them appealed to me, but Piplup seemed like the best one to me. Penguins are really cool, but I'm not a fan of monkeys and Turtwig reminds me of a tropical impostor of Bulbasaur. :P

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Piplup. It's a water type, it's a Penguin, and it's final evolution is Empoleon.

Sounds like an awesome to me.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Chimchar because it has the best advantage over the Sinnoh Gym Leaders.
    I've played with all the starters, but Chimchar is the kewlest. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    Platinum Piplup
    Diamond Piplup
    Pearl Turtwig
    Empolion and Torterra are the best (Don't like Chimchar evolutions very much)

Back