• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who did you use your master ball on?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I decided not to use my Master Ball if I can help it, just so if I ever want to RNG abuse or one of my friends wants to, it's a lot easier to test to make sure it's right. I've caught all the legendaries except for the roaming ones anyway, so it's not THAT hard to pull off.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • I used it on Zekrom. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't have but I found it easier this time around to catch all the legendaries including the evasive/elusive Thundurus. Kyurem being the difficult one to catch, I managed to catch it within 10-15 balls. Not bad considering that most of the Sinnoh legendaries are caught with far more precision and dusk balls (My favorite pokeball and I normally catch at night).

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I used mine on Zekrom, although I regret that now.

Kyurem was difficult to catch but I got him eventually.

I caught Thundurus fairly easy though. Got it down to 1HP (False Swipe) and put it to sleep and it went straight into the ultra ball.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • Got Kyurem in my 2nd Duskball (no trouble whatsoever). I'm thinking I'll use it on Genosect when the event comes out. He looks like he'll have an uberly low catch rate.

His catch rate will most likely be 3% like most legendaries. So, you'll have a hard time catching him as you would any other legendaries in past games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Legendaries I've caught so far: Zekrom, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Thundurus and Kyurem. I haven't checked how many legendaries I still have to go, so I don't know what I want to use my master ball on yet!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    1. What did you use your Master Ball on?
    2. Do you regret your decision?
    1) Nothing. I have two Masterballs and everything i've caught so far, except for one of my Victini, was caught in a Pokeball(the Victini was caught in a Premier Ball). I have all of the in-game legendaries too. I refuse to use a Master Ball, or even a Great ball, on anything. Even if I saw a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom(which is 100% impossible, unless you go through the trouble of catching 720 random pokemon to fill your PC) I would refuse to use anything but a Pokeball. So, WHO WANTS MY MASTERBALLS?! XP

2) See above rant.

Years
    1. What did you use your Master Ball on?
    2. Do you regret your decision?
    1) Nothing. I have two Masterballs and everything i've caught so far, except for one of my Victini, was caught in a Pokeball(the Victini was caught in a Premier Ball). I have all of the in-game legendaries too. I refuse to use a Master Ball, or even a Great ball, on anything. Even if I saw a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom(which is 100% impossible, unless you go through the trouble of catching 720 random pokemon to fill your PC) I would refuse to use anything but a Pokeball. So, WHO WANTS MY MASTERBALLS?! XP

2) See above rant.

How'd U get 2 masterballs?

Years
  • i traded mine over to my friend to catch tornadus cause i was tired of hearing him complain that its too hard to catch him and i just wanted to complete my pokedex and no i dont regret it cause theres nothing really hard to catch

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Well I used mine on Kyurem. Yes I regretted it! Thundurus is really hard to catch! But I'm to lazy to put it in red, it's just in yellow for me. Also I hope you won't have to catch Genesect.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • What did you use your Master Ball on?
    - Zekrom
    Do you regret your decision?
    - No, I easily caught all the legendaries I attempted to capture.
    Thunderus > 2 Quickballs
    Landorus > A few turns of stalling + 1 Timerball
    Cobalion > Sleep + 1 Ultraball
    Kyurem > 1 HP + A few turns of stalling + 2 Timerballs
    I haven't tried catching any other legendaries.

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    I wanted to use it on Zekrom, but I then decided to save it for Thunderus. Do I regret it? Not really. I just dislike the fact that he's of a Careful nature. I like Special Attacks.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
    Years
  • I used the electric spider in my Japanese run through so I just Spider Webbed the genies. I haven't used my master ball and probably won't. Catching is so much easier in the later games that it is a bit useless nowadays. I'm saving it for a shiny though! Haven't found one yet...

Years
  • I've still got mine, and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. I have a feeling I'll end up using it on Tornadus, just because I hate roamers and their crazy runawayness.

Mahtale

Lives are overrated.
    Years
  • I used mine on Tornadus and Landorus. I used an Ultra Ball on Tornadus, but I simply didn't have the patience for the other two. I realized that I wouldn't be using the master ball on anything else in these games, so it made no sense for me not to use master balls on them. Besides, every other legendary in this game felt so much easier in comparison.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I haven't used mine yet but I'm not sure if I'll actually use it.

Years
  • I haven't used it yet...
    I managed to catch Kyurem and Zekrom in Ultra Balls, and caught two of the roaming Pokemon in quick balls (don't ask how xD)
    So I'm holding on to it for a bit longer ;D

I haven't used my master ball and probably won't. Catching is so much easier in the later games that it is a bit useless nowadays. I'm saving it for a shiny though! Haven't found one yet...

Same, I'll probably use mine on a shiny, too. :D

-Totodile42

Last edited:
    Back