• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who did you use your masterball on and why?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    I can't decide who I want to use it on. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Necrozma.
    I didn't want to waste my time on it, and there were no better Pokemon to catch.
    The Tapus are easy since you don't need to keep restarting and running through the grasses again should you fail.
    Necrozma has the same catch rate as the Tapus but is in my opinion, much stronger than them.

Solgaleo and Lunala don't need to be considered for a Masterball since they have a catch rate of 45 as you absolutely had to capture them to venture further in-game. :)

Years
  • I used mine on Lunala for no reason, but as the others said probably save it for Necrozma since it puts up a harder time than the Tapus. Best not to use yours on Solgaleo/Lunala since they have a catch rate of 45 due to being a required capture.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Depends on what you want. If you are practical, then use it to a legendary with low
    capture rate. Just like what most of them mentioned.

As for me, I want my legendary pokémon caught using a masterball which takes a
    lot of effort. I collect masterball either by game reset or item trade. Like any other
    collectors, I have a unique sense of taste when it comes to my Pokémon collection.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I still have mine!
    For some reason, no matter how hard something is to catch, I don't ever use Masterballs in any game.
    I guess it'll be good to collect for future trades? xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've yet to use mine actually. I caught Lunala with an Ultra Ball and the same goes for Tapu Koko. Two of the Ultra Beasts were also caught with Ultra Balls, but I do still have more UBs and Tapus to catch which will most probably get too tedious at one stage resulting in me using it then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I didn't use my masterball, everything I catch it with ultra balls or great balls (those can be bought in discount).

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Lol... it was like 2 Am when I beat the game, and didn't realize I'd have to catch Tapu Koko right away.. I was like "WHYY" and so I threw my masterball and saved once everythign was finished and went to bed.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • In the past I've only used Masterballs on Mewtwo. I chose to use this one on a wild Shiny Ditto because it was running out of PP was going to Struggle to death soon. Using a non-Master Ball was too risky because it kept breaking out, and if it broke out again there was a good chance it would keep summoning more Ditto and I would lose out on it. Good thing I did, though, because it had 5IVs and a good nature. (:

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    I used mine on Tapu Koko because of the storyline and it uses electric surge to prevent sleep and it is an electric type so it can't be paralyzed. Solgaleo was really easy to catch and I caught my Necromza in an Ultra Ball then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I've used it on a Beldum because it has the same catch rate as a legendary and has only a recoil move.

Years
  • ^ That's probably what I will do, if I ever get bold enough to try to SOS chain Beldum I'll save my Master Ball for that, what with me having all the legendaries already.

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • ^^ Or you know bring a ghost pokemon so the recoil move does not work.

I used my master ball on necrozma cuz why not. I regret not keepng it cuz Tapu Koko took me a good while to catch it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol... it was like 2 Am when I beat the game, and didn't realize I'd have to catch Tapu Koko right away.. I was like "WHYY" and so I threw my masterball and saved once everythign was finished and went to bed.

lol same. i was just waiting for a moment to save and then i was thrown into that battle and had no patience for it

Back